Quote Originally Posted by capt hindsight View Post
My partner has started to enjoy a bit of plinking in the back garden but finds it hard compressing her Beeman 2004.

Its struck me that she would probably enjoy the ease of a co2 gun, she's a light build and has small hands and I wondered if some sort of Makarov type gun might suit her, I've just ordered a KWC P08 for myself, is their Makarov good?

Is it definitely worth going for a blowback model, any other suggestions?

cheers

Ed
If she's enjoying the Beeman, I'd stick with it. If its new, give it time and it'll wear in and get easier as piston o'ring wears. Also the sharp edges of the plastic can be nail filed or sand papered to make softer edged where the hand puts pressure on to close. You can temporarily put soft velcro "stick on" where she applies pressure, plus as she gets used to the "knack" of closing it, that too gets much easier. Its a very good accurate light gun for the price. A better one is the HW40 which is the original model and better made. The Beeman is a cheaper copy but worth having, I have two plus the HW40. ATB. Pete. PS. co2 pellet guns are the way to go if she's used to the accuracy side. Smooth bore bb's are more for plinking.