Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Co2 pistol for the missus?

Which Co2 pistol for the missus?

My partner has started to enjoy a bit of plinking in the back garden but finds it hard compressing her Beeman 2004.

Its struck me that she would probably enjoy the ease of a co2 gun, she's a light build and has small hands and I wondered if some sort of Makarov type gun might suit her, I've just ordered a KWC P08 for myself, is their Makarov good?

Is it definitely worth going for a blowback model, any other suggestions?

cheers

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by capt hindsight View Post
    My partner has started to enjoy a bit of plinking in the back garden but finds it hard compressing her Beeman 2004.

Its struck me that she would probably enjoy the ease of a co2 gun, she's a light build and has small hands and I wondered if some sort of Makarov type gun might suit her, I've just ordered a KWC P08 for myself, is their Makarov good?

Is it definitely worth going for a blowback model, any other suggestions?

cheers

Ed
    If she's enjoying the Beeman, I'd stick with it. If its new, give it time and it'll wear in and get easier as piston o'ring wears. Also the sharp edges of the plastic can be nail filed or sand papered to make softer edged where the hand puts pressure on to close. You can temporarily put soft velcro "stick on" where she applies pressure, plus as she gets used to the "knack" of closing it, that too gets much easier. Its a very good accurate light gun for the price. A better one is the HW40 which is the original model and better made. The Beeman is a cheaper copy but worth having, I have two plus the HW40. ATB. Pete. PS. co2 pellet guns are the way to go if she's used to the accuracy side. Smooth bore bb's are more for plinking.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

How about a PPK?
    Baikal MP654 MP53M IZH-46M LP53 CP88comp Alecto .177 LB, .22 Tempest .177, .22 Cr 2240 Weih HW45 HW45BS HW70 HW75 XSP180 Cometa Indian Hatsan25 Scorp MKII Benj Trail NP AVOKE Diana P5 Avanti747 * PLUS Over 70, Co2 BB/Pellet Pistols*

a Crossman ratbuster is a good choice .accurate and won't break the bank balance. Also single shot so won't waste to many of your expensive pellets doing rapid fire ..remember to take into account cost of running co2 is higher than a springer
    Last edited by Rocket launcher; 17-02-2017 at 09:15 PM.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket launcher View Post
    ..remember to take into account cost of running co2 is higher than a springer
    Whilst strictly speaking you're correct, if 1p per shot is an issue I'd suggest selling the gun and buying a catapault

It's 3p a shot for my .25 CP1.
    2p for the pellet!

Lov 21. :d
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

First thing to decide on is what type of 'plinking', then choose a gun to suit. If just tin cans etc. then a CO2 powered blowback pistol will give plenty of fun and is easy to load - put 15 BBs or so into the magazine and shoot away. Lots of different models to choose from too.
    For something more 'serious' then a CO2 target pistol can be used for competition type shooting. Again. easy to load and quite a few to choose from - budget to serious money PCPs.
    I use a variety of pistol types, from SSP's through springers and enjoy them all and shoot monthly, at home, in the UBC competitions as well as enjoying fun plinking with friends.
    My wife isn't interested at all in shooting but if she was and wanted a pistol I think I'd get her a Colt SAA. Not too heavy, easy to load and suitable for some of the UBC competitions.
    Beat of luck - and be warned your wife may become addicted and there is no known cure.
    FAS 604, Remington 1911, Colt SAA, HW45, BSA Mercury, Winchester underlever (Walther), SMK QB78

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    The day my wife wants a pistol is the day I buy a Kevlar vest and undercrackers...

stagmanv835 is offline i tend to drink while on the bbs
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Lov 21. :d
    ^^^^^ keep meaning to pick one of thease up myself
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=4&o=23

Its quite a capable little pistol. http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=4&o=25 Shot by me using my LOV21 (slightly modified e.g. lubed) one handed with the target at 10m.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Its just for plinking, but we'll keep the Beeman for paper punching. She likes shooting cans and has previously shown enjoyment blasting pop bottles filled with water with my shotgun, hence I was thinking semi auto Co2.

I'm well impressed with her interest in all this

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by capt hindsight View Post
    Its just for plinking, but we'll keep the Beeman for paper punching. She likes shooting cans and has previously shown enjoyment blasting pop bottles filled with water with my shotgun, hence I was thinking semi auto Co2.

I'm well impressed with her interest in all this
    Could she handle an Umarex 586?
    Good deals with these members

Could she handle an Umarex 586?
    Possibly, I hadn't considered a revolver.

I think she would go for a small classic style gun, the PPK and Makarov or similar types would probably suit.

Has anyone got experience of the KWC Makarova?