Quote Originally Posted by charlie350 View Post
Pete i was looking at your photobucket and on your challanger lighting is very close to my mercury challanger. you just have a bit more figger on the right side of the butt. did you say that was beech or walnut?? i will have to look for a lighting barrel for mine!! do the breech blocks exchange? is the lighting just a pin like my supersport? or have the breech bolt like the mercury challanger? also i have found a cobra strike 635. whats your thoughts on it? i know it was made by BSA and is the same gun as the BSA 635 and would think its a bit rarer?
Your cobra strike 635 may be a bitsa as the 635 has no markings on the cylinder & the cobra strike has a black stock with slightly longer barrel than the 635 with countersink in the end of bore like most bsa's. The 635 barrel does not have this & comes with a dummy plastic silencer(cocking aid like the bsa scorpion pistol) Oh & if i were you I'd very carefully test the accuracy of ANY lightning barrel before swapping & keep your barrel as every lightning i've shot didn't come anywhere near the challengers barell on mine. hope this helps.