Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by camerafodder View Post
    This is exactly where I got, hence my questions so that MH could enlighten us as I can't see any way this wouldn't be the case other than by committing a criminal offence. Happy to be taught otherwise though.
    It's an easy explanation. MH posts a lot of crap.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    best shop I have been in for years http://www.airgundealerscotland.co.uk/

I try to get in there when I visit my folks. my brother lives not far from the shop. we stay at my brothers when we go down.
    That looks like a nice little shop !

Thanks.
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    That looks like a nice little shop !

Thanks.
    fishing shop too. a few good fishing places in the area too.

clay pigeon club too http://www.mortonclaytargets.co.uk/ .half day on the clays and half day fishing at the same place

http://mortonfishings.co.uk/

fishing shop too. a few good fishing places in the area too.

clay pigeon club too http://www.mortonclaytargets.co.uk/ .half day on the clays and half day fishing at the same place

http://mortonfishings.co.uk/
    That looks interesting, especially the fly fishery !
    “An airgun or two”………

There is Hunt Shoot Fish in Crieff too. I haven't been since Frank who used to run it passed away but I think it is still the same. Had a good selection of air rifles, a wee 10m range to test fire them and the only shop I've ever been to that says "The kettle is always on," that has every actually made me a brew. I bought two .410 shotguns and a silencer for my Huntsman there.

Blackrider,,,,,,,

Morton Fishery is pretty good, the man in charge is so helpful, even has Astro turf down to the boats, we have a few club trips there this year, my favs are Menteith, Carron Dam and Glensherrup near Glen Eagles.

If you look at the Glasgow Angling website, they have a pre loved page on clicking a Facebook lozenge thing, which lists used guns and tackle, since the law change they have a massive amount of air rifles, like five longbows for instance, they are not on the shelves to look at as this is in Glasgow after all, but behind the counter in socks in the safes, circa 300.

Auctherhouse at Dundee has a good clay range, and that all the kind words you will get about that town from me.

If you are up and want a day fishing somewhere or wandering round a farm let me know, might let you use my DT11 on the clays.
    Nice things happen to nice people.

Quote Originally Posted by Clanchief View Post
    Blackrider,,,,,,,

Morton Fishery is pretty good, the man in charge is so helpful, even has Astro turf down to the boats, we have a few club trips there this year, my favs are Menteith, Carron Dam and Glensherrup near Glen Eagles.

If you look at the Glasgow Angling website, they have a pre loved page on clicking a Facebook lozenge thing, which lists used guns and tackle, since the law change they have a massive amount of air rifles, like five longbows for instance, they are not on the shelves to look at as this is in Glasgow after all, but behind the counter in socks in the safes, circa 300.

Auctherhouse at Dundee has a good clay range, and that all the kind words you will get about that town from me.

If you are up and want a day fishing somewhere or wandering round a farm let me know, might let you use my DT11 on the clays.
    I have fished harperigg and selmuir . not sure if they are still there. was the early 90s. also hopetoun fishery.hopetoun has changed its name http://www.fishxl.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    It's an easy explanation. MH posts a lot of crap.
    It does rather seem that way.

living in England and buying a air rifle in Scotland from a private seller what the process
    Are air rifles in Scotland recorded on ticket like fac air rifles like in England once on ticket always on ticket or is it just the owner in Scotland that has a ticket? and the air rifles them self are not recorded?

Quote Originally Posted by wild dogman View Post
    living in England and buying a air rifle in Scotland from a private seller what the process
    Are air rifles in Scotland recorded on ticket like fac air rifles like in England once on ticket always on ticket or is it just the owner in Scotland that has a ticket? and the air rifles them self are not recorded?
    they are not recorded on the license . the owner is the licensed part.

not sure how the transfer of sale goes. that's why its a stupid scheme. no one can track where the rifle has gone as they are not recorded.

I have not seen an actual license yet as my fac covers me till may.

not sure how the transfer of sale goes. that's why its a stupid scheme. no one can track where the rifle has gone as they are not recorded.

Thanks for the quick reply bud

Thanks for the quick reply bud
    your welcome. there is a few license holders on here. Bigears is one .

You can't come to Scotland and buy one without a visitors permit. Same as I can buy 40 shotguns this week but not one single airgun. But I can buy one in England and bring it North as my certificate covers me for guns already in my possession. So I can buy a gun from someone else in Scotland as long as we do it an hours drive South.

Someone from Scotland can still post the airgun to England for you, or meet you South of the border.

Essentially its all impossible to police anyway as there is no record of where the guns are, who has them and what side of the border they came from.

BigEars Guest

Mine looks like a "wanted" poster..

Quote Originally Posted by Clanchief View Post
    Blackrider,,,,,,,

Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on that one day !
    “An airgun or two”………