Thread: Scotland

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Scotland

Morning all or afternoon even.

A question if I may. I'm going up to Scotland in a couple of months and I'm taking my a couple of air rifles and centre fires with me. Now the centre fires are not a problem they are on ticket so no issue with that. The air rifles are the problem as we all know they have the silly law about them. After much reading I've notice that it takes a fair while to get a ticket up there any ideas how to get a fast track one.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    In the summer I may be in a similar position !
    Our learnered Scottish Bretheren will be on soon to put you right hopefully but if I were you, I'd contact Poilce Scotland now and apply for a Visitors Permit for your air rifles !
    I'm not sure of the contact though maybe its the area were you're shooting/residing or Glasgow ?
    “An airgun or two”………

If your FAC was issued before 1st January 2017 you don't need a visitors permit as you are entitled to hold the air rifles on your FAC. You would only need a visitors permit if you renewed your certificate before you came.

go to the the isle of man.get british and irish licenence.
    paperwork about an hour. cost, £380.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by max headroom View Post
    Sounds interesting, I thought FAC's issued in IOM were not valid in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by camerafodder View Post
    fill the paperwork in properly.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

fill the paperwork in properly.
    I'm intrigued. How can a non IOM citizen be granted a valid UK gun licence from the IOM?
    Last edited by camerafodder; 18-02-2017 at 03:41 PM.

correct

Licences issued in the Isle of Man are not valid in the UK or other countries.
    When travelling to the UK or abroad Visitor's Firearms Permits must be obtained from the destination country and, if travelling through the UK to another country, from the UK as well. This also applies to holders of Firearms Dealer's Licences. These permits may take several weeks to obtain. Other useful information can be obtained from the British Association for Shooting and Conservation Limited, see link.

https://www.iompolice.im/apply-for/f...s-certificate/

"Regulated Weapon Certificates
    These are required for all shotguns, except those mentioned above, all air weapons below the power levels stated above and all crossbows with a draw weight over 1.4kg. See also Regulated Weapons explanatory notes.
    The Regulated Weapons in Possession form is for Regulated Weapon Certificate holders to keep a list of the guns they possess and it is a legal requirement for them to do so. It is also advisable to send a copy of the list to the Police Firearms Licensing Deptartment as, in the event of guns being lost or stolen, the police can readily identify your guns if and when they are located.
    Please note, it is a criminal offence to possess or to acquire a firearm or regulated weapon without holding a valid certificate or other lawful authority.

When travelling to the UK or abroad Visitor's Firearms Permits must be obtained from the destination country and, if travelling through the UK to another country, from the UK as well. This also applies to holders of Firearms Dealer's Licences. These permits may take several weeks to obtain. Other useful information can be obtained from the British Association for Shooting and Conservation Limited, see link."

I would check very carefully with the IOM Police Deptartment (sic) before handing over any £380 in the hope of getting round the UK FAC requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    correct

When travelling to the UK or abroad Visitor's Firearms Permits must be obtained from the destination country and, if travelling through the UK to another country, from the UK as well. This also applies to holders of Firearms Dealer's Licences. These permits may take several weeks to obtain. Other useful information can be obtained from the British Association for Shooting and Conservation Limited, see link.

Quote Originally Posted by rogb View Post
    "Regulated Weapon Certificates
    These are required for all shotguns, except those mentioned above, all air weapons below the power levels stated above and all crossbows with a draw weight over 1.4kg. See also Regulated Weapons explanatory notes.
    The Regulated Weapons in Possession form is for Regulated Weapon Certificate holders to keep a list of the guns they possess and it is a legal requirement for them to do so. It is also advisable to send a copy of the list to the Police Firearms Licensing Deptartment as, in the event of guns being lost or stolen, the police can readily identify your guns if and when they are located.
    Please note, it is a criminal offence to possess or to acquire a firearm or regulated weapon without holding a valid certificate or other lawful authority.

When travelling to the UK or abroad Visitor's Firearms Permits must be obtained from the destination country and, if travelling through the UK to another country, from the UK as well. This also applies to holders of Firearms Dealer's Licences. These permits may take several weeks to obtain. Other useful information can be obtained from the British Association for Shooting and Conservation Limited, see link."

I would check very carefully with the IOM Police Deptartment (sic) before handing over any £380 in the hope of getting round the UK FAC requirement.
    This is exactly where I got, hence my questions so that MH could enlighten us as I can't see any way this wouldn't be the case other than by committing a criminal offence. Happy to be taught otherwise though.

Fac

Guys thank you feels like a weight taken off the shoulders. What a stupid law they have there must be thounds of rifles being scraped and or handedin if feel for our air rifle comrades up in Scotland.

This is exactly where I got, hence my questions so that MH could enlighten us as I can't see any way this wouldn't be the case other than by committing a criminal offence. Happy to be taught otherwise though.
    you wont get an answer other than BS.

I do remember though that he had Martin McGuinness in his sights once but was told not to fire when asked on here where and when , he would not divulge the info.

post is here http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ht=gerry+adams
    Last edited by bighit; 19-02-2017 at 07:17 PM.

It's an easy explanation. MH posts a lot of crap.