Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Many thanks for clarifying this !
    your welcome. its a farce but that's the Scottish Government for you

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    your welcome. its a farce but that's the Scottish Government for you
    The bit about "buying an airgun" is pain though, I once bought a terrific Mk. 6 Airsporter S/H from Gow's in Dundee !
    Obviously now I couldn't do this without a VP !
    I get up north quite often and when I do I try to call in at the local gunshops !
    “An airgun or two”………

BigEars Guest
    The bit about "buying an airgun" is pain though, I once bought a terrific Mk. 6 Airsporter S/H from Gow's in Dundee !
    I get up north quite often and when I do I try to call in at the local gunshops !
    Gow's is no more I'm afraid. There's another RFD but the range of good quality air rifles stocked isn't big.

true
    not sure how it would go if a friend with an AWC bought it and then sold it to you when back in England.

I have heard some saying that they buy rifles here a lot but live down south and they were going to buy a full license . not sure how though.

just read the airgun scot website and found this

I live in England or Wales but travel to Scotland regularly, can I get an air weapon licence
    Yes - licences can be granted to people who live outside Scotland. The licence will only come into effect when the person crosses the border. You should apply to Police Scotland in the normal way

so if you need a visitors permit at £20 a time or £72 for 5 years. the full one would be a better choice id think.
    Last edited by bighit; 20-02-2017 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
    Gow's is no more I'm afraid. There's another RFD but the range of good quality air rifles stocked isn't big.
    the one that speaks to the papers then says they twisted his words? not once but multiple times

Quote Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
    Is that the one up on the Kingsway on the roundabout, a Fishing Shop isn't it or am I thinking of someone else ?
    “An airgun or two”………

Is that the one up on the Kingsway on the roundabout, a Fishing Shop isn't it or am I thinking of someone else ?
    that's the one i posted about. he is trying to stop RFDs that don't sell from a shop from selling airguns and firearms . was in tackle and guns a while back.

anglers choice is the shop.

his RFD rant
    Robbie MacGregor, who owns Angler’s Choice Tackle and Guns in Dundee, said: “The problem is getting worse, as the authorities are allowing people left, right and centre to become Registered Firearm Dealers (RFD). I know that there are people selling guns and ammunition in their garages around the area. It’s not very difficult to get a RFD ticket and that’s not right.
    “Would the authorities let you sell alcohol from your garage? No. Would they let you run a gambling business from your garage? No.

“Yet, they allow people to sell guns and ammunition from their homes. And that’s the problem.
    “Guns such as rifles and shotguns should be stored in secured cabinets that are not easily accessible — so why are they being stolen?
    Last edited by bighit; 19-02-2017 at 09:12 PM.

Driven past many times but never called in as I didn't realise they did guns n stuff.
    “An airgun or two”………

BigEars Guest
    The very one. A few guys at the club get him to order guns for them but there's not much in the way of airguns for a casual browser.

true
    not sure how it would go if a friend with an AWC bought it and then sold it to you when back in England.
    This would indeed be perfectly legal. You just need to nip down the M74 a wee bit past Gretna to do the exchange. Daft as anything!

Quote Originally Posted by distantcamera View Post
    This would indeed be perfectly legal. You just need to nip down the M74 a wee bit past Gretna to do the exchange. Daft as anything!
    it was meant tongue in cheek. what's to stop the deal happening in Scotland ?

yes a stupid law .
    Last edited by bighit; 20-02-2017 at 08:53 PM.

A shame Gow's closed, my daughter had a flat opposite on Union St. when she was at Dundee Uni. I used to call in the shop for bits and fishing gear.
    I call in at Crockatts in Blair from time to time and the two shops in Forfar.
    I called in at Mallochs in Perth last month also and got decent fishing advice, not too much in the way of air rifles though.

Any others I may be missing ?
    “An airgun or two”………

A shame Gow's closed, my daughter had a flat opposite on Union St. when she was at Dundee Uni. I used to call in the shop for bits and fishing gear.
    I call in at Crockatts in Blair from time to time and the two shops in Forfar.
    I called in at Mallochs in Perth last month also and got decent fishing advice, not too much in the way of air rifles though.

Any others I may be missing ?
    not in the area you quote ,livelines in armadale is good. Scott is a great as is Yvonne.

I've had a few sling studs fitted by Scott and his .22lr bullets were cheaper than my local shop. the saving would have paid the train fare from Aberdeen to Edinburgh

not in the area you quote ,livelines in armadale is good. Scott is a great as is Yvonne.

I've had a few sling studs fitted by Scott and his .22lr bullets were cheaper than my local shop. the saving would have paid the train fare from Aberdeen to Edinburgh
    Heard of this one, Ill try and visit !
    “An airgun or two”………

Heard of this one, Ill try and visit !
    best shop I have been in for years http://www.airgundealerscotland.co.uk/

I try to get in there when I visit my folks. my brother lives not far from the shop. we stay at my brothers when we go down.