Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RB2 Stutzen Carbine. 25

RB2 Stutzen Carbine. 25

A brief article on collecting in the latest BASC magazine features the author using one of the BSA underlevers,complete with a silencer.

Would that rank along side hens teeth for rarity?

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy589 View Post
    A brief article on collecting in the latest BASC magazine features the author using one of the BSA underlevers,complete with a silencer.

Would that rank along side hens teeth for rarity?
    Yep! Possibly even rarer than that!

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Bugger !
    Thought you were selling one ! Was going to "Bite yer Hand off" !
    “An airgun or two”………

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Er, I should say now I've come back down to earth, yes, I've recently seen the article in the said Mag !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Bugger !
    Seems you're not alone,I briefly owned a .25 Rotary Breech Carbine some years ago.

Traded it in with a cheshire dealer and went back a few months later with a view to buying it back.

He denied knowing where it had gone,his own collection I suspect .

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post

Ditto.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

rb2.

As i have said before, i own a rb2 stutzen which i bought from john knibbs years ago, it is in orig carton with all the bits and pieces in mint condition.John collected it from the factory for me,it is a .25cal. and the second one off the production line.
    The serial no is 1001.They started at 1000.Talking to a bsa man years later he said knibbs should not have taken 1001 as they wanted it for themselves,to late now..The orig. receipt of £182. 1992.it is right up there on the legal 11.5ftlbs.
    incidently the serial no of WT 01001 equates to a .177 in knibbs tables a .25 should be AWR.unless i am wrong .
    [ John M. help]. Have had lots of offers for it but Mathew my nephew from MJL.militaria has his name on, i used to let him shoot it at times when he was but a young lad. Roly.

Rb2

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    As i have said before, i own a rb2 stutzen which i bought from john knibbs years ago, it is in orig carton with all the bits and pieces in mint condition.John collected it from the factory for me,it is a .25cal. and the second one off the production line.
    The serial no is 1001.They started at 1000.Talking to a bsa man years later he said knibbs should not have taken 1001 as they wanted it for themselves,to late now..The orig. receipt of £182. 1992.it is right up there on the legal 11.5ftlbs.
    incidently the serial no of WT 01001 equates to a .177 in knibbs tables a .25 should be AWR.unless i am wrong .
    [ John M. help]. Have had lots of offers for it but Mathew my nephew from MJL.militaria has his name on, i used to let him shoot it at times when he was but a young lad. Roly.
    P.S. i wonder what is worth on the open market any ideas.

The RB2 I had wasn't actually marked for calibre,a brief phone call to Mr Knibbs confirmed that as such it was definitely a big bore gun.

rb2

[QUOTE=piggy589;7123162]The RB2 I had wasn't actually marked for calibre,a brief phone call to Mr Knibbs confirmed that as such it was definitely a big bore gun.[/Q

Sounds a bit as if vague to me. roly.

All I can say is a .22 pellet slid through the breech and out of the muzzle.

By contrast a .25 rhino fitted nicely and produced a consistent 11.4ft/lbs.

rbr any ideas,

going up.

[QUOTE=flogger;7123526]
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy589 View Post
    The RB2 I had wasn't actually marked for calibre,a brief phone call to Mr Knibbs confirmed that as such it was definitely a big bore gun.[/Q

Sounds a bit as if vague to me. roly.
    May be of info but a super sport in .25 that I have is not marked for calibre either but serial No prefix confirmed it.

Regards
    James

A RB2 Stutzen Carbine sure looks a nice thing, how much would one of these set me back in a more avaliabe .22 cal?
    Thanks - Geoff.

For anyone who's interested, there's a full length version for sale on flea adz.