Thread: .22 silencer baffle hole....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    I only want to make one baffle which will hopefully screw onto the threaded barrel and have a unf on the other end for my hugger belita. I'm thinking of buying a length of carbon tube which will fit over the existing shroud adapter at the breech end and will stretch over the barrel and the shoulder of the baffle leaving the unf thread on the end for a muzzle break or silencer. This will mean that the first section of air expansion will be the whole shroud, then the next a STD silencer, I'm hoping it'll just help keep the barrel short by using a stubby silencer but also quiter than just using a STD stubby silencer...
    If I can get the bit made (femail unf to stripper & baffle to male unf) then it'll only cos approximately £25 on top of the silencer & the the bit...
    I don't see it being problematic as it's going to be so close to the muzzle..
    That would work but why not just make a shroud, less chance of misalignment so baffle holes can be smaller, less weight, less noise.

Quote Originally Posted by bucketboy View Post
    That would work but why not just make a shroud, less chance of misalignment so baffle holes can be smaller, less weight, less noise.
    More length... I'm hoping it'll be a bit quiet so to speak if I just use the muzzle break but fairly short without having to send it off & get a smaller barrel fitted which costs more. Plus I'd like something a bit verstile, different & I own a belita!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.