Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: .22 silencer baffle hole....

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    In my experience having a small first chamber can cause a kind of muzzle flip. Acoustically it doesn't matter which order the chambers are in. The idea of the long baffle works.

Agreed, you have to fire a pellet to make any judgement, likewise with no silencer many rifles are a lot noisier if fired empty.

In an ideal world one would measure the acoustic signature and design the silencer to take out the offending frequencies.
    Do you think it matters if it's reflex or in from of the muzzle? Is it worth me going to the effort? As my barrel is not threaded I bought a barrel adapter which I thought I could just drill some sideways holes in just after the muzzle!! I've ordered a bit of carbon tube which I can cut to length and I need to find something to pack up the gap between the carbon tube & the barrel adapter.... IL probably use felt...
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Do you think it matters if it's reflex or in from of the muzzle? Is it worth me going to the effort? As my barrel is not threaded I bought a barrel adapter which I thought I could just drill some sideways holes in just after the muzzle!! I've ordered a bit of carbon tube which I can cut to length and I need to find something to pack up the gap between the carbon tube & the barrel adapter.... IL probably use felt...
    Velcro curlers inside each other ?

http://www.retrochick.co.uk/wp-conte...Rollers-mn.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Somthing like that... As it's not got to be too accurate as the barrel adapter is holding the silencer true so yeah.. maybe even just a rubber grommet...
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    More length... I'm hoping it'll be a bit quiet so to speak if I just use the muzzle break but fairly short without having to send it off & get a smaller barrel fitted which costs more. Plus I'd like something a bit verstile, different & I own a belita!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    In my experience having a small first chamber can cause a kind of muzzle flip. Acoustically it doesn't matter which order the chambers are in. .
    How can the jet reaction of the escaping air inside a mod firmly attached to the barrel cause muzzle flip? Inside the first camber the air hitting the first baffle pulls the barrel forward with the same force as it is pushes the barrel backward.