Thread: Diana 35/50 synthetic seal?

Diana 35/50 synthetic seal?

As far as I know, these venerable old Dianas used leather seals until they went out of production in 1984ish.

Was musing how they might perform with synthetic seals. Badly, I think - the 35 has a 4mm TP and the 50 has a tap. So, like 4mm TP HW35s converted to synthetic, I guess they'd have a slammy shot cycle, but no greater power.

Just wondering if anyone on here has ever encountered a synthetic seal conversion on one of these, and how it performed?

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    As far as I know, these venerable old Dianas used leather seals until they went out of production in 1984ish.

Was musing how they might perform with synthetic seals. Badly, I think - the 35 has a 4mm TP and the 50 has a tap. So, like 4mm TP HW35s converted to synthetic, I guess they'd have a slammy shot cycle, but no greater power.

Just wondering if anyone on here has ever encountered a synthetic seal conversion on one of these, and how it performed?
    Hi mate, I converted a original/diana 35 to a synthetic seal, got a tad more power but definitely better shot to shot consistancy I also reduced the tp to 3mm with brass tube
    Regards Graham

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    the 4mm port could be sleeved down fairly easily, presumably ?
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post

I changed from a leather to a ptfe seal many.moons ago on a 50. Aside of losing interest part way through. Putting gun aside in plastic bag then trying to reassemble two years later it went straightforward
    I can't honestly recall performance figures top.of my head as this must have been thirteen or fourteen years ago and gun has sat in gun rack since but I think power increased from memory? Certainly didn't go backwards in.performance or it would have been reversed.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    the 4mm port could be sleeved down fairly easily, presumably ?
    Hi Jon, the TP is angled but there is no crank in it so a piece of 4mm o/d, 3mm i/d brass tube can easily be glued in with locktite
    Regards Graham

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa g View Post
    Hi Jon, the TP is angled but there is no crank in it so a piece of 4mm o/d, 3mm i/d brass tube can easily be glued in with locktite
    Regards Graham
    perfect

Go for it Geezer.....
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.