Thread: webley mk3 parachute seal?

webley mk3 parachute seal?

hi ,has anyone here ever fitted a parachute seal to a mk3?.i have used a new leather seal,that was ok . i have machined up an adaptor for a "O"ring seal but that led to harsh recoil.tried a PTFE seal but didnt like it. just wanted to try a parachute seal to see how it feels.not after more power,just like to try these things.perhaps someone on the forum could tell me the bore size of a mk3 please so i could source a seal without stripping mine first,the hw ones look easy to make an adaptor for..cheers..greasemonkey
    more guns than you can shake a stick at!

Quote Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
    hi ,has anyone here ever fitted a parachute seal to a mk3?.i have used a new leather seal,that was ok . i have machined up an adaptor for a "O"ring seal but that led to harsh recoil.tried a PTFE seal but didnt like it. just wanted to try a parachute seal to see how it feels.not after more power,just like to try these things.perhaps someone on the forum could tell me the bore size of a mk3 please so i could source a seal without stripping mine first,the hw ones look easy to make an adaptor for..cheers..greasemonkey
    Yes ....dont do it. The firing cycle is already too harsh (due to an overly large transfer port) and requires a nice leather seal that is supple and nicely lubed to get any chance of a nice cycle.
    If you go synthetic it needs a transfer port reduction down to around 3mm in diamater.

Nothing else works with MK3s....any attempt to slip ring it or make it more efficient just exasperates that firing cycle until something is done about that over massive TP.
    Possibly one of the most beautifully solid rifles but perhaps the harshest shot cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky View Post
    Yes ....dont do it. The firing cycle is already too harsh (due to an overly large transfer port) and requires a nice leather seal that is supple and nicely lubed to get any chance of a nice cycle.
    If you go synthetic it needs a transfer port reduction down to around 3mm in diamater.

Nothing else works with MK3s....any attempt to slip ring it or make it more efficient just exasperates that firing cycle until something is done about that over massive TP.
    Possibly one of the most beautifully solid rifles but perhaps the harshest shot cycle.
    thanks for that Clarky,,perhaps i will give the leather seal another go then,cheers greasemonkey

28mm Diana seal fits.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    28mm Diana seal fits.

All the best Mick
    thanks Mick