Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally the yanks get a break

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post

BSF S70 for me, one of the guns I really want to own sometime.

The Beeman marked FWB may also be very attractive over there, especially if it is an early one, to serious US collectors.
    Yep, they are lovely air rifles. Sold mine many moons ago, along with my Original Mod.45 while fund raising to pay for a cot for my daughter (so that properly shakes it back a fair passage of time), and have regretted the sale of each, ever since ... Anybody wanna swap a BSF S70 or an Original Mod.45 for a well worn, and now redundant cot ???

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post

Does anyone know if this is a silencer on this gun, it's marked Beeman which makes me think it just for looks? This looking kind of cool as well.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/621637828
    No, that is the barrel catch mechanism as fitted by the Webley & Scott factory as part of the overal design (although it does have a threaded inlet for accomodating a silencer adaptor). The same attachment on the Eclipse Mk.II is/was much more aesthetic, however, as imo, the one as featured on this Eclipse Mk.I is as ugly as sin. I was not / am not alone in thinking this though, which was why it was so radically re-worked for the Mk.II ... I like the Mk.II, by far the better looking of the two.

EDIT: I hadn't scrolled through the advert far enough to see the silencer as detailed / asked about, so have offered some info on that at post # 19 below, although Baz has already admirably covered this at pistol # 18.

Last edited by Gareth W-B; 20-02-2017 at 10:55 PM. Reason: to ad an edit note.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Does anyone know if this is a silencer on this gun, it's marked Beeman which makes me think it just for looks? This looking kind of cool as well.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/621637828
    If you mean the item shown further on the advert its a Beeman Air Tamer, probably not too effective as a silencer but you can fit a normal full length silencer to the Eclipse. Rifle value in USA at least $350 in that condition.

Baz.

Last edited by Benelli B76; 20-02-2017 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Add pic
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post

If you mean the item shown further on the advert its a Beeman Air Tamer, probably not too effective as a silencer but you can fit a normal full length silencer to the Eclipse. Rifle value in USA at least $350 in that condition.

Baz.

Ahh yes, photo / frame # 17 on the advert (didn't scroll that far) is one of the screw-in threaded silencers I alluded to above. The one pictured is called a Tamer, and was iirc a re-badged Webley Whispa silencer?

Well today is the day, probably going to keep my powder dry for the Benjamin founders auctions. I'm finding myself more draw to prewar collectables than these 20 year olds. Maybe it's my lack of real shooting skills. All but that Stutzen! Lol!
    Last edited by 45flint; 21-02-2017 at 12:35 PM.

Well today is the day, probably going to keep my powder dry for the Benjamin founders auctions. I'm finding myself more draw to prewar collectables than these 20 year olds. Maybe it's my lack of real shooting skills. All but that Stutzen! Lol!
    Good luck and let us know (a) how the auction goes in general, and (b) which potential purchases you choose to go for.

My role in most auctions seems to be making the other guy pay more.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    My role in most auctions seems to be making the other guy pay more.
    At least you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you've "Blistered his wallet" !
    “An airgun or two”………

The side levers would only interest me if one was a Titan Mohawk or similar. Side levers seem ackward to me, why the Stutzen is so appealing!
    Last edited by 45flint; 21-02-2017 at 06:37 PM.

BSF S70 are lovely rifles and hard to find. Premium rifle.
    Webley Viscount Deluxe definitely a rare rifle and worth grabbing. Doubt if 500 were made. The other to match it is the Vulcan Deluxe, though a few more were done.
    The BSA Stutzen another worth having.

I've had the S70 and Viscount & Vulcan and all are in a connoisseurs collection now. They really are fabulous collectors pieces, and always will be. The Stutzen will be. Hard to find here let alone the States. Real 1980's rarities and lovely examples, all made during traumatic and changing times for the companies. True historic pieces, and worth a premium.

Both AA make worthy contenders too. These will become more collectable in time too.

The FWB Sport was a nice example but already demanding a hefty price. The above rifles are far more important collectors rifles than the Sport.
    Last edited by Muskett; 21-02-2017 at 06:33 PM.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    A lot of people on gunbroker will not ship internationally.
    Even if you find one that does - don't leave registration to the last minute as non-US buyers have to be pre-approved by sending an email stating your interest and this process can take a few days.

$610 for the Stutzen, not much of a break?

$610 for the Stutzen, not much of a break?
    I just sold one to gingernut for £270 ($338), it is like new condition (a minter) and unusually for an Airsporter very accurate, the best Stutzen performer I have see.

Baz

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    I just sold one to gingernut for £270 ($338), it is like new condition (a minter) and unusually for an Airsporter very accurate, the best Stutzen performer I have see.

Baz
    I just can't enjoy things I overpay for.

I just can't enjoy things I overpay for.
    I am just the opposite, price is long forgotten after I sit enjoying a prized possession some time later. The wife is a case in point, still paying after 50 years !

Baz