Thread: Help Feinwerkbau P55 Valuation

Help Feinwerkbau P55 Valuation

Hi

Can anyone help with a fair price valuation for this pistol, I know there is an issue involving rapid fire semi automatic air pistols being discussed with the Home Office at the moment, having made inquiries I understand it is still legal to sell privately! The pistol is in very nice condition, pistol and both cylinders hold air with no leaks, comes with Large right hand grip, manual, fill adapter, screwdriver, two magazines and a single shot magazine and case.

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/t...psvl2phorh.png
    http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/t...pserng4qzx.jpg
    http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/t...psdofsrm5c.jpg
    http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/t...pse41aumuc.jpg
    Last edited by Jimlad; 21-02-2017 at 06:33 PM.

You are correcr, however the recent concern over multi shots has caused prices to plummet, a year or so ago these were making very strong money, out of all the multi shots the fwb's are probably the hardest to come by, due to this they were getting good prices on the rare occasion they became available. The problem now is not many will commit high prices to a pistol that in effect they may at some point have to hand over. I've seen the prices of multi shots plummet recently with many remaining un sold, personally I'd love to own one of these fine multi shots but I'm not so sure I'd pay the prices these demanded a year or so ago which was in the £600 + area until the issue is resolved, just my thoughts however.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Very nice pistol just what I would be after but I can't justify the price with a ban hovering in place.

Fwb p55

Surely if a ban was introduced they would have to have an amnesty and compensate as the is no record of who owns them?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimlad View Post
    Surely if a ban was introduced they would have to have an amnesty and compensate as the is no record of who owns them?
    Not likely if they decide they come under the current definition. You would be in possession of a banned handgun. Saying that, thousands of Brocock's didn't get handed in, and probably still being used un-beknown to their owners they are banned.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

When they banned the live ammo pistols compensation was paid to people who handed the guns in, lots of people made a lot of money, and were better off.
    They cannot possibly ban the pistols and and not pay some form of compensation as when they were bought they were legal.

Quote "They cannot possibly ban the pistols and and not pay some form of compensation as when they were bought they were legal."

Oh yes they can, and if I'm a representative example, a lot of those caught up in previous legislation have been notified accordingly.

Somewhere or other I've got a letter (long since lost) informing me that future surrender "of items prohibited by way of amendments to existing Firearms Law (or similar)" will be carried out in such a way as to not entitle those surrendering such items to compensation.

From my point of view, anyone thinking that they can own a "Firearm" legally today, lose it tomorrow and be accordingly compensated by way of it's retail or secondhand value is mistaken in that belief and I'm happy to pay them for their time and trouble in establishing otherwise such that we all will able to do be so. TBMK Brocock owners didn't receive a penny for such surrenders.

Lastly, anyone who feels that previous surrenders and compensation paid was an opportune bonus to those involved is ditto. There were those that did benefit from such, but most of us cried all the way to the Police Station and back.

JMHO, Vic Thompson.
    Last edited by Vic Thompson; 22-02-2017 at 07:26 PM.

I gave up my Brocock collection and didn't recieve a penny in compensation, I doubt this would be any different, As stated these were untraceable as bought in various places both new and secondhand, but why risk being in possession of what was then deemed an ilegal firearm, As also mentioned many had these and weren't or aren't even aware they were no longer legal, I saw a chap selling an Orion at a bootfair, he commented when I looked at it, that it was perfectly legal as was only an airgun, I informed him otherwise and got some info up on my phone just as friendly advise, he was genuinely shocked, removed it immediately and asked my advise as to the best course of action, he then mentioned that he was selling as didn't really use em much any more and had two the same!! My collection was probably worth the best part of a grand, I got nothing!!

At the moment it's a wait and see situation, I'm not rushing to sell anything off but if the time comes when I do need to will not hesitate to do so whether I like it or not, I love shooting too much to risk getting caught out with something ilegal that would almost certainly further prevent me from enjoying what I can of the sport. The hope is that the situation will be treated for what it actually is, the Brocock ban was placed more for what the guns "could" be rather than what they actually were, a very different situation to the current concerns.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Its still unsure as to their standing, as due to their construction it is open to interpretation and highly debatable, a true auto indexes the next round into the breach, the air guns do not, they index a magazine position only, which is the contention, all very semantic, but they are now being assessed by the technical dept of the HO to determine if they are truly semi automatics in law .

BUT, if they are subsequently deemed illegal under the current definitions, the HO, ACPO, and the CPS have stated that they were never intended to be included as section 5's, and if now they are deemed such then they would look to change the law. I suspect if they are deemed section 5 there will be a period of limbo, and probably an exemption as per the previous HO one in '97 for the very same guns, which stated they were excempt and the law would be changed at the next opportunity, just it never happenned as every one concerned was happy with that excemption, and 20 years later, some jobsworth opened the debate again.

Only time will tell.

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?