Thread: In Blackpool today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've never actually been in BAR. shop, it's nearly 300 miles from me, but I've dealt with them though mail order on a few occasions and have always had excellent service, but I have been in other gun shops and have had to wait some time to be served, I think people who work in gun shops do get "tied" up with customers buying a gun or gun parts, it is a bit different to buying say a pair of shoes, the gun or other shooting items tend to be talked about during the sale, plus the paper work etc. though I can see this can be annoying for a customer who's waiting to be served, but will no doubt talk about their purchase just as much as the previous customers.

Joe
    Last edited by Joejack; 23-02-2017 at 10:00 PM.

negative BAR

It seems that the one negative comment has actually done them good. Their reputation has come to their aid, as they say, all advertising pays. I may even buy a gun from them, this 110% thing has some promise, it may however haunt them for a bit. I'll bet everybody who comes in the shop mentions it.

There is always a customer who thinks you can do better - regardless of the trade. Not to say a complaint isn't valid , but I'm pretty sure that if you get it right 99% of the time then people will give you leeway when something does go wrong. BAR have been in business so long they must be doing something well. I've never visited but have used them online for bits and pieces.

My own fave shop is SFS. I make sure I'm not in a rush because I know they can get busy and sometimes I need to speak to one of the gunsmiths about something technical so I have to wait my turn. Had a lovely chat with one of the elderly chaps behind the counter about old air rifles while Tony was busy with someone else.