Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: In Blackpool today

Nothing else for it then , the lads will have to be replaced by robots !
    Shaun could be a Dalek , Andy could be C3PO and Mikey , well , let's not be to hasty with that one
    Last edited by Alakar; 22-02-2017 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alakar View Post
    Nothing else for it then , the lads will have to be replaced by robots !
    Shaun could be a Dalek , Andy could be C3PO and Mikey , well , let's not be to hasty with that one
    Or they could employ loads more staff and have more phone lines manned 24/7 but who would pay for all this? The customer !!!

Lloyd has been in the airgun business for over 30 years (he joined straight from junior school it seems ) and while other shops have been and gone, Blackpool Air Rifles still thrives so he/they must be doing something right. Maybe not 100% of the time but like the old saying 'You cant please all of the people all of the time'.

Lloyd also personally supports and sponsors several local air gun clubs including Rivington Riflemen and actually shoots airguns (although his choice in motor bikes is naff ).

I see the o.p. hasn't commented since.

ATB
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 22-02-2017 at 04:41 PM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Or they could employ loads more staff and have more phone lines manned 24/7 but who would pay for all this? The customer !!!

Lloyd has been in the airgun business for over 30 years (he joined straight from junior school it seems ) and while other shops have been and gone, Blackpool Air Rifles still thrives so he/they must be doing something right. Maybe not 100% of the time but like the old saying 'You cant please all of the people all of the time'.

Lloyd also personally supports and sponsors several local air gun clubs including Rivington Riflemen and actually shoots airguns (although his choice in motor bikes is naff ).

ATB
    Ian
    I think it was a case of 'light blue touch paper and stand well back'.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

my local gun shop bend over backwards to help there customers

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    my local gun shop bend over backwards to help there customers
    I'm convinced that some on here would have them bend over forwards.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post

ATB
    Ian
    19 posts in 4 years Ian - doesn't want to wear out his keyboard

ATVB
    Mike.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post

ATVB
    Mike.
    He has been too busy waiting to get service at B.A.R
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

To be perfectly honest-reading this thread from the outside, the OP aired his grievance-we all know BAR is pretty much No1 for airliners and his post is unlikely to diminish that position. Lloyd came on and replied very reasonably. Everyone else piling in to chop down the OP and/ or blow smoke up Lloyd's arse is not necessary.

All lies matter

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post

ATVB
    Mike.
    hes been on the phone waiting...

he'd make a good shop lifter - no one would see him. perhaps hes only 4 foot 10.

Bar always helpful when I've called them.
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxterbasics View Post
    To be perfectly honest-reading this thread from the outside, the OP aired his grievance-we all know BAR is pretty much No1 for airliners and his post is unlikely to diminish that position. Lloyd came on and replied very reasonably. Everyone else piling in to chop down the OP and/ or blow smoke up Lloyd's arse is not necessary.
    Where does he keep the secondhand A300s then?

As a newbie and just to add my opinion: BAR is only 50 mins from me and I've been several times. They're busy most times, mainly on the phone or with customers. That's what they do, surprisingly. If busy then that always give me time to browse the gear and fondle some of it. Never have I felt ignored. I've sometime PX'd stuff and have been completely satisfied with the deals I've had. I last went in a week ago and picked up a Diana Mauser K98 with complimentary pellets after a good natured discussion about prices etc.

They'll do for me.

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Where does he keep the secondhand A300s then?
    Damn apple and predictive text

All lies matter

I've never actually been in BAR. shop, it's nearly 300 miles from me, but I've dealt with them though mail order on a few occasions and have always had excellent service, but I have been in other gun shops and have had to wait some time to be served, I think people who work in gun shops do get "tied" up with customers buying a gun or gun parts, it is a bit different to buying say a pair of shoes, the gun or other shooting items tend to be talked about during the sale, plus the paper work etc. though I can see this can be annoying for a customer who's waiting to be served, but will no doubt talk about their purchase just as much as the previous customers.

Joe
    Last edited by Joejack; 23-02-2017 at 10:00 PM.

negative BAR

It seems that the one negative comment has actually done them good. Their reputation has come to their aid, as they say, all advertising pays. I may even buy a gun from them, this 110% thing has some promise, it may however haunt them for a bit. I'll bet everybody who comes in the shop mentions it.

There is always a customer who thinks you can do better - regardless of the trade. Not to say a complaint isn't valid , but I'm pretty sure that if you get it right 99% of the time then people will give you leeway when something does go wrong. BAR have been in business so long they must be doing something well. I've never visited but have used them online for bits and pieces.

My own fave shop is SFS. I make sure I'm not in a rush because I know they can get busy and sometimes I need to speak to one of the gunsmiths about something technical so I have to wait my turn. Had a lovely chat with one of the elderly chaps behind the counter about old air rifles while Tony was busy with someone else.