Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In Blackpool today

In Blackpool today

ThoughtfUl would visit BAR with a shopping list including 5000 pellets,oil and cleaning products and charging equipment. No-one was interested in serving me! Never again will I darken their do

Thumbs down

this seems to happen in my local gun shop, all the staff seem to be talking to customers, but no ones buying anything. and i am kept waiting in the background.

That's not good.

The shop that I go to always have their front doors propped open and, the staff acknowledge all of the customers.

Sure, I'll have to wait if they're busy but the atmosphere and banter among staff and customers is excellent.

All of the above.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    BAR are normally pretty good, but if they are dealing with people then it would be rude to leave them for some other customer - how would you feel if it were you?

I work in retail and have this all the time - but one minuet you can deal with all customers - the next your getting complaints, and 5 mins later your dead! It's simply not possible to have enough staff at all times, especially in a small shop.

I feel for you, but see BARs side.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Same happened to me last time I went to BAR over 2 years ago. Thought I had the pox or something. Never been back since

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    BAR are normally pretty good, but if they are dealing with people then it would be rude to leave them for some other customer - how would you feel if it were you?

I work in retail and have this all the time - but one minuet you can deal with all customers - the next your getting complaints, and 5 mins later your dead! It's simply not possible to have enough staff at all times, especially in a small shop.

I feel for you, but see BARs side.

James
    Same here James. Ain't retail great

...... Even when we get customers like Noz and Ken

All of the above.

What's wrong with - be with you in a minute Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by noz1 View Post
    ThoughtfUl would visit BAR with a shopping list including 5000 pellets,oil and cleaning products and charging equipment. No-one was interested in serving me! Never again will I darken their do
    The shop has been extremely busy today so there is a chance we might have not served customers in the correct order but to say nobody was interested in serving you is grossly unfair. We work our nuts off in the shop . Sorry you were disappointed . We are all quite perplexed that we missed someone but it certainly wasn't intentional.

I was also in the shop today (Monday - picking up 10 tins of RWS Basics) and I can confirm they were very busy on the phone and in getting their mail order out, not helped by them being one member of staff down. Shaun, for example, didn't get to sit down to eat his dinner until after 2pm. Its a good job he has a surplus to keep him going.
    While I was there I didn't see anyone get ignored.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    What's wrong with - be with you in a minute Sir.
    that's exactly right,
    it seems that nowadays it is also ok to stop serving to answer the phone,

i don't think i have ever seen BAR not busy.

victims of their own success.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I was also in the shop today (Monday - picking up 10 tins of RWS Basics) and I can confirm they were very busy on the phone and in getting their mail order out, not helped by them being one member of staff down. Shaun, for example, didn't get to sit down to eat his dinner until after 2pm. Its a good job he has a surplus to keep him going.
    While I was there I didn't see anyone get ignored.
    Neither did I Ian . Just spoke to the guys ( except Sean, his mouth was full) and they cannot for the life of them understand how they missed somebody but it was a bit chaotic so I guess we just must have missed the gentleman concerned

Quote Originally Posted by martin bingham View Post
    discount in order?
    110%....

Quote Originally Posted by martin bingham View Post
    that's exactly right,
    it seems that nowadays it is also ok to stop serving to answer the phone,
    And if you dont you get slatted for not answering the phone. A no win situation.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by artschool View Post
    i don't think i have ever seen BAR not busy.

victims of their own success.

I understand what you mean but I think we do a sterling job when we have a full staff compliment. Its when one of us has the temerity to be ill its puts a little bit of strain on us . Today's a case in point. One staff off , busy day and we miss somebody