Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: In Blackpool today

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    BAR are normally pretty good, but if they are dealing with people then it would be rude to leave them for some other customer - how would you feel if it were you?

James
    "Good morning/good afternoon sir - we'll be with you in a minute" ?????

P.S. I've also found BAR to be pretty good, so I'm sure this is an embarrassing one-off.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

It is a shame that a potential customer felt his requirements were overlooked. All I can say from my own experience with BAR over the years is that they provide an honest good service, certainly have for me anyway. I can only presume that in this particular case the potential customer was not approached directly by a member of the sales team, maybe due to how busy they all were at the time.

Anyway, as somebody has already pointed out, this is due to the shops success at providing many of us with what we need over the years. Let us give them a break when things dont go perfectly.

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

If a shop is busy, be patient and recognise that they must be doing something right... if time is an issue then sadly you have to make a choice. If someone is seen to before you then speak up there and then, if they don't react then you complain to the boss without resorting to shouting but being heard.

IME bar is always busy so I visit when time is not an issue, I don't stand for anyone over stepping me but above all I wouldn't come on here to moan if I hadn't bothered to complain at the shop to try and resolve any issue.

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Logunner View Post
    If a shop is busy, be patient and recognise that they must be doing something right... if time is an issue then sadly you have to make a choice. If someone is seen to before you then speak up there and then, if they don't react then you complain to the boss without resorting to shouting but being heard.

IME bar is always busy so I visit when time is not an issue, I don't stand for anyone over stepping me but above all I wouldn't come on here to moan if I hadn't bothered to complain at the shop to try and resolve any issue.
    ^^^ This.

It's pointless whining about 'poor service' on here if you didn't speak up to get it addressed whilst in the shop. Although it's difficult to argue against the comment that perhaps one of the staff could've said "be with you in a minute" I also sympathise with them; if they have 3 staff but a shop full of customers for example (as my local RFD often does) then they can't all be served at once, can they? Simple maths...
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Quote Originally Posted by martin bingham View Post
    that's exactly right,
    it seems that nowadays it is also ok to stop serving to answer the phone,
    I must admit that really annoys me, at least when in Sportsman it comes through a secretary so they just answer "sorry I'm with a customer" & go back to you.

But to serve a customer will invariably involve staff talking to them about what they want/need,
    while some customers don't seem to understand that if they appear happy to browse the racks they will be left alone to do so,
    if you want to be served, stand at the counter & make it obvious you're waiting.

re

Not what I experienced,they were opening the doors marking distances out over the road while I was playing with all the scopes ect.

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd View Post
    I understand what you mean but I think we do a sterling job when we have a full staff compliment. Its when one of us has the temerity to be ill its puts a little bit of strain on us . Today's a case in point. One staff off , busy day and we miss somebody
    it was meant to be a compliment!

i have always been more than happy with the service.

Iv been into BAR several times over the years a bit of a hike from Cumbria
    got to say i been in when its been heaving and when its been very quiet
    got to give the guys 100% for service and knowledge and i truly am a grumpy git !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd View Post
    110%....
    110% off WOW now there's a offer you don't see often Also I have to say every time I have been to the shop always have had a good service also when my Mother go's to see her old school friend she get my order for me want I want from them and she says she is always happy with there service "i suppose you will always get one unhappy chap"

I always carry a small device with me whenever I go shopping be it in B.A.R., Tesco or any shop, gun related or not.
    Its called a 'mouth'. I just say politely "Excuse me.". It often works and if, on the very rare occasion it doesn't, I use another set of devices, my wobbly legs and shop elsewhere.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by martin bingham View Post
    that's exactly right,
    it seems that nowadays it is also ok to stop serving to answer the phone,
    I let them do this once, as I know they have a business to run,

But I have told a few gun shop employees " I don't want you answering the phone again whilst you are serving me please"" I am a paying customer and would like your full attention "

It always sorts the phone situation out, it's bloody ignorant and I'll spend my cash elsewhere, I tell them this

Flynny

I don't know Lloyd & the team, and I've never set foot into BAR (or even bought from them, as far as I know).
    I would ask the OP if he made his presence known, or simply stood back and hovered like wallpaper, expecting to be seen...
    It's over simplistic to state that a busy shop is no excuse. There are no excuses...

But there are reasons.

If a shop is rammed then you have to recognise that they're popular. They're popular because of their prices; their service, or both. This is a great 'problem' to have, as any shop will attest.

Fair enough to Lloyd et al to respond on here. Some other shops wouldn't have given you that courtesy.
    Last edited by snock; 20-02-2017 at 06:49 PM.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

110% discount would you PLEASE ignore me as well

Personally if it's really busy in BAR I'm happy to wait to be seen to, as the service is just better than anywhere else in the area. More knowledge, better deals and much more honesty than anyone else. Yup, I'll wait for all that

I can sympathise with any shop that has a sudden serge of customers or unplanned staff absences, some will always have to await their turn. However in support of the OP, it costs nothing for someone to notice and give a simple "sorry mate we'll be with you soon". As a customer it's difficult to say anything when you're waiting without sounding like you're off " how long are you going to be" or "do you know I'm here" can be taken 2 ways even if said with good intention, it will always be taken in the wrong way when things are fraught. A coffee machine normally helps, and in times like this the offer of a coffee would cost the retailer 50p max but would probably pay back easily. Certainly less than 110% discount

Never been in BAR myself but I'm sure no one intended to ignore any customer, but a quick scan around and a couple of words just to acknowledge would not cost anything, and would probably be equally appreciated by the customer being served too.