Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: In Blackpool today

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd View Post
    Neither did I Ian . Just spoke to the guys ( except Sean, his mouth was full) and they cannot for the life of them understand how they missed somebody but it was a bit chaotic so I guess we just must have missed the gentleman concerned
    Was he wearing Camo?

For crying out loud !!!!
    Damned if you do , damned if you don't .
    A shop that is as busy as B.A.R is a shop that I will happily wait my turn in .
    As I.J says , you've always got a mouth .
    Give the lads a break ,
    Many times I've been in and they are trying to have a late well deserved lunch , the phone rings , a customer comes in , and it's cold chips again .
    Even Shaun can only last so long without food
    I don't think I've ever seen anyone actually take a lunch " break "

What I find is Bar is a good shop, very good actually. But for me the sales side once they have your order place it in the hands of an incompetent delivery company and as they say themselves it's treated as if it were a gun or gun parts, so even small items are not posted through your letter box as requested.

Then the turmoil begins and it's two weeks or a day off work to wait in, for me this it total shit service it really is, if I've requested and paid for the delivery and I don't get it, this is why droves are going elsewhere that use a competent delivery company that work with the buyer, for many online companies not just Bar.

One thing to ask or look for on a good site is the delivery company or forwarding service provider in your area.

One more thing is that similar to this thread anytime that Bar are slightly criticised for want of a better service, all the venom of BBS members of Bar supporters comes out in a distasteful way, some obviously posting for the first time in a good time.
    Nice things happen to nice people.

Herx77 is offline "Instruments of the light"
    Only dealt with them by phone,found service good and delivery quick and without problems.
    Even had time for a bit of advice and banter.No problems using them again.
    HERX77 .
    Fighter against the "Dark Arts" A stranger in an even stranger land.
    GC2+Leupold 14.4-34x45
    AA400 fac receiver+sidewinder 8.5-34x52
    Weihrauch HW77k fiddled with and doing what it wants to +Zeiss 3-9x36.
    Weihrauch HW90k
    Weihrauch HW97k learning from above,now sporting a Maccarri 77/97 target stock..+Bushnell 3200.Go on shoot one you know you want to
    Daystate mk3 RT Delux + bushnell 4200 8-24x 40Does what it should again & again.
    Fwb 124 + Optima was good is good!
    Webley Vulcan.

Bar

I have been a long time customer of BAR and knew Lloyd from the shop in bolton across from Asda. Always had good service and keen prices. Best shop for airguns and related products with helpful staff. 😀

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
    Was he wearing Camo?
    Good deals with these members

I sent my daughter and her husband there when they where looking for an air rifle and scope to buy. She came away with neither saying the attitude of one member of staff was terrible and she won't be going back.

She finished up in Preston at a gun shop where the owner couldn't help enough.

My biggest irritation is when my conversation with someone is interrupted and taken over by that person answering the telephone and giving that call all their attention ! grr.

How rude, why not answer the phone and say "One minute please I am dealing with another customer" - Simples.

I tend to walk away and let the sale go.

M.

I find if a shop is busy then they must be doing something right. It also give me more time to have a look at all the bits you didn't go for but end up buying !
    If you want serving, then its a bit like being in a busy pub. Stay by the counter/bar and eventually you get served when its your turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Midasi1 View Post
    My biggest irritation is when my conversation with someone is interrupted and taken over by that person answering the telephone and giving that call all their attention ! grr.

How rude, why not answer the phone and say "One minute please I am dealing with another customer" - Simples.

I tend to walk away and let the sale go.

M.
    My pet hate too and not just in gun shops either. If another customer came into the shop they would have to wait, so what's the difference with the telephone? Get a decent answerphone, put a clear polite message on it, and phone them back when their turn comes. When I am with a client, I wouldn't dream of answering a phone call and insist that clients turn their mobiles off - no exceptions. Not retail, I know, and easier to control, but the principle is the same - it's called politeness!

Ahhhh I feel better now....

After reading some of these comments I can only say 'who would be in retail?'. You really cant win with some customers.......

The gun shop that I use most has a policy of dealing with the immediate customer first and then answering the phone when no customer is actually wanting to be served. If I phone and it isn't answered within five or six rings, I know they're busy and I call again later.
    However, I can fully understand how the OP feels; I experienced similar with a fishing tackle shop, where the sales guy sat chatting to three customers (who were also seated along the counter, and all with coffee) about nothing in particular. I picked up an item and stood behind the three punters, obviously wanting to be served and when I had stood there for a full minute without acknowledgement, I just said "excuse me", reached through the punters, put the item on the counter and left the shop. And yes, I do have a voice, but the situation that was created by the scenario left me feeling as if it was me that was interrupting, that it was me being rude by breaking up the tête-à-tête. That sort of environment should never be created in a service environment. Strangely enough, the shop didn't last long.
    Again, I have been in the position of the cherished(?) punter in a shop, but never in a situation where another punter, wanting serving, was ever made to feel disadvantaged by the scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by JMH123 View Post
    After reading some of these comments I can only say 'who would be in retail?'. You really cant win with some customers.......
    Nail on the head.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Bar

Take some bury black pudding with you, usually does the trick!
    Atb John😜
    ok, I admit it, I've got a problem.
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.uk/[url]

Quote Originally Posted by martin bingham View Post
    that's exactly right,
    it seems that nowadays it is also ok to stop serving to answer the phone,
    If you were the customer on the other end of the phone would you not be peeved if nobody answered the phone?
    Bob