Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: In Blackpool today

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by 1shot1kill View Post
    Take some bury black pudding with you, usually does the trick!
    Atb John😜
    Would "Sheffield Black Pudding" do ?
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by nevadacowboy View Post
    If you were the customer on the other end of the phone would you not be peeved if nobody answered the phone?
    Nah! You would just come on here and whinge.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Bar

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Would "Sheffield Black Pudding" do ?
    Don't think you'd get through the door with any of that nonsense! Thought everyone knew the finest black pudding come from Lancashire, preferably Bury Market, although RS Irelands will do at a pinch!😋
    ATB John🍴
    ok, I admit it, I've got a problem.
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.uk/[url]

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by 1shot1kill View Post
    Don't think you'd get through the door with any of that nonsense! Thought everyone knew the finest black pudding come from Lancashire, preferably Bury Market, although RS Irelands will do at a pinch!😋
    ATB John🍴
    Oh, we do have some decent BP over here honest but I've heard that the Bury product is damn good !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by JMH123 View Post
    After reading some of these comments I can only say 'who would be in retail?'. You really cant win with some customers.......
    Some retailers don't appear to want to win with customers, though.

Target Sports in Bolton was a classic example - the usual crowd of camo'ed insiders clustered around the counter every time I went in. The last straw was when I went in to buy a gun and had the misfortune to arrive at the same time as their lunch did. Faced with the choice between pasty&chips or making a sale, it was no contest.

I went straight on to Blackpool Air Rifles and bought a new Airwolf and MTC scope and a s/h Airsporter. A few months later I bought a new Timberwolf and then shortly after a vintage BSA. Several visits in between for bits and bobs.

That pasty&chips must have been good - it cost around £3500 in lost sales, plus the other lost potential customers to whom I recommended BAR.

Funnily enough, Target Sports closed down not too long after - now there's a surprise
    Last edited by Airsporter1st; 21-02-2017 at 05:53 PM.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Clanchief View Post
    What I find is Bar is a good shop, very good actually. But for me the sales side once they have your order place it in the hands of an incompetent delivery company and as they say themselves it's treated as if it were a gun or gun parts, so even small items are not posted through your letter box as requested.

Then the turmoil begins and it's two weeks or a day off work to wait in, for me this it total shit service it really is, if I've requested and paid for the delivery and I don't get it, this is why droves are going elsewhere that use a competent delivery company that work with the buyer, for many online companies not just Bar.

One thing to ask or look for on a good site is the delivery company or forwarding service provider in your area.

One more thing is that similar to this thread anytime that Bar are slightly criticised for want of a better service, all the venom of BBS members of Bar supporters comes out in a distasteful way, some obviously posting for the first time in a good time.
    Strangely enough, the local depot who bring my orders from BAR are helpful, polite, and are careful with whatever they deliver - usually giving next day service or as near as dammit - if I'm out, then they leave a card to either arrange a re-delivery, or I can call into the depot, as opposed to another courier who's supposed to text you with delivery time & then, when checking where the driver is, find out that they've had enough & are heading home!

That is not like them. Most untypical. Lloyd might be interested in your comments.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    That is not like them. Most untypical. Lloyd might be interested in your comments.

A.G
    He's already responded on thread.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

BAR service

Ordered an item for the first time mail order, they mixed my order with someone else but I received a phone call with apology and an assurance the item would be turned around and it arrived on the day they said it would. Whilst some might pick up on the initial error, these things do happen and I am more impressed with the way they dealt with it. Would definitely order from them again.

[QUOTE=Airsporter1st;7200945

That pasty&chips must have been good - it cost around £3500 in lost sales, plus the other lost potential customers to whom I recommended BAR.

Funnily enough, Target Sports closed down not too long after - now there's a surprise[/QUOTE]

Target Sports re located to Scotland with anorexic staff who dont eat!
    Isnt there another N W gunshop that closes for dinner and any customers have to wait outside? :-)
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by martin bingham View Post
    say "excuse" me to the physical customer that is paying your wages,answer the phone saying,"i am with a customer right now,if you leave your number i will call straight back",this is called manners and should be acceptable to all 3 parties,a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.
    That entirely depends on the birds in the bushes!

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Target Sports re located to Scotland with anorexic staff who dont eat!
    Isnt there another N W gunshop that closes for dinner and any customers have to wait outside? :-)
    To be fair Ian, there is one in my home town that closes one hour for lunch, and I'm sure it's not the only one. Perhaps in my case it is because they have a minimum staffing policy, being as they sell shotties and all?

Whats happened to that virtue called patience, we are all blessed with eyesight apart from the blind ,
    if its busy apply some common sense,!!!! i have only dealt with BAR over the phone
    and always found the staff helpful, lloyd runs a good business in a professional manner.
    atb brian

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by brian747 View Post
    Whats happened to that virtue called patience, we are all blessed with eyesight apart from the blind ,
    if its busy apply some common sense,!!!! i have only dealt with BAR over the phone
    and always found the staff helpful, lloyd runs a good business in a professional manner.

atb brian
    Which is quite the opposite of my experience with them over the phone which is why we never bothered going up to see the left handed Daystate Huntsman he had for sale! People have different experiences and expectations, I was quite peeved actually as we could have had a quick blast round the Pleasure Beach, sample the roller coasters, gone and sorted the air rifle out, been back home for tea and medals!

Still saved a day and some diesel!

Wow, 4 pages because of a minor error, god help them if they really piss someone off