Thread: Haenel 28-R strip done, four separate leather seals.

Haenel 28-R strip done, four separate leather seals.

Just striped my Haenel 22 cal. 28-R cause it was well below 200 fps. I may be the first one inside. Leather piston seal was dirty but in good shape, soaked in some SAE 20 ND oil. Interesting to find 4 separate leather seals in this pistol. One on the piston head, two on the pellet gate, one on each side, and one inside the piston sealing the loading rod that goes through the piston. The machining cost would never be supported today. I did improve the performance and got above 200 fps with a old short skirted pellet. These quickly started jaming. That left me with the reliable cycling round balls. At 15.43 grains and a bit of a loose fit I was at about 175 fps. Interesting gun but not a barn burner. Pics of the strip below. Now that I know what I am doing I'm moving on the my 28-R in .177. That calliber probably makes more sense for this pistol, but I don't think any of them got into the 300 fps even in .177. On the 22 the spring actually seemed fine any stiffer and I would never have gotten the back on by hand.

http://s168.photobucket.com/user/ski...l%2028%20strip
    Last edited by 45flint; 20-02-2017 at 03:54 PM.