Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Green Delrin Bar

Quote Originally Posted by 10/10 View Post
    Oilon Green bar ordered I will let you know the outcome
    Cheers
    It is a bitch to machine so make sure that your bits are ultra sharp witha decent radius. The swarf also has a tendency to wrap up around the work piece and the chuck and then solidify so be very careful for god's sake.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    It is a bitch to machine so make sure that your bits are ultra sharp witha decent radius. The swarf also has a tendency to wrap up around the work piece and the chuck and then solidify so be very careful for god's sake.

A.G
    Just use a ceramic tip tool. The traingular 3 tips type in a holder. The tips already have the slight radius required as design and you get total sharpness and virtual negative rakes as recomended by Dupont for machining all their plastics. A small top tip fixed asa chip breaker and away you go.
    I find 700 rpm works perfect on typical 25mm dia regardless of the correct speed calcs for the diameter.
    Same tool and a 1000 rpm with the stainless on moderate feed rates.
    I polish the finished stainless with 1000 grade for mirror finish.

Oilon

Oilon. on its way advice from those that know Which is best. Buttons machined into piston or full seal

Quote Originally Posted by clarky View Post
    Just use a ceramic tip tool. The traingular 3 tips type in a holder. The tips already have the slight radius required as design and you get total sharpness and virtual negative rakes as recomended by Dupont for machining all their plastics. A small top tip fixed asa chip breaker and away you go.
    I find 700 rpm works perfect on typical 25mm dia regardless of the correct speed calcs for the diameter.
    Same tool and a 1000 rpm with the stainless on moderate feed rates.
    I polish the finished stainless with 1000 grade for mirror finish.
    Thanks for the tip mate. never used a Ceramic insert. can I get them for 1/4" or 3/8" shank tools?

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Thanks for the tip mate. never used a Ceramic insert. can I get them for 1/4" or 3/8" shank tools?

A.G
    sorry i missed this....yes any ...try Listers.

how did you get on with machining the green bar then

Oilon o rings

Firstly thanks for the advice (Used Oilon for O rings) HW 50 177 With JSB pellets
    Put gun back together a couple of shots 8.9 FT/LB not great added a 3mm preload washer no real change
    Stripped it back down as I removed the piston (a bit snug), so off to The man he machined 4 thou off front O ring 3 thou off rear O ring
    reassembled put 5 shots to bed in, the next 10 shots 11.2 FT/LBS Super consistent smooth as silk
    Job done
    Whilst at the Engineers I had a couple of valve removal tools made up to fit Walther CP3 CO2 + it will probably fit other models.
    so 1 is for sale £25 posted please Email me for pics
    Thanks to all

The Green Bar

The power is now creeping up on the HW50 11.52 consistent hoping it stays there
    I will be doing the HW77 next

xbow is offline "Right a bit, left a bit............"

Ertalyte TX

I've used Ertalyte TX for some jobs and it's brilliant stuff. Similar to Delrin but with PTFE impregnated in it.

https://www.theplasticshop.co.uk/pla...data_sheet.pdf

Not cheap but nice and slippery.
    We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.
    Rudeness is the weak mans imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer.

If I don’t reply to your comments it’s probably because you’re on my Ignore list.