Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rangefinder help

Like a lot of things it can depend on your personal requirements & the lay of the ground that you shoot over, ie flat fenland where the individual fields are 20-30 acres might not suit the same kit I use in hilly rural Devon where there are hedges every 100yds.
    I have a Redfield Raider 550 handheld and also one of the Chinese weapon mounted night vision rangefinders both of which work flawlessly.

Longbenton North Tyneside. +Dinnington FTC.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    I've got an acculon, seems accurate, lightweight, small in your hand & pocket and a good tool.
    Seems to struggle on misty days and can be difficult to hold steady in one hand, probably because it's so small.
    All in all I like it, I wanted somthing portable that worked, was cheap but from a renowned manufacturer so I chose the acculon (a11 I believe) and it really is easy to use.
    Good item!
    Another vote for the Nikon Acculon, its very quick and has a bright picture, works well in dense woodland. Excellent kit.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Like a lot of things it can depend on your personal requirements & the lay of the ground that you shoot over, ie flat fenland where the individual fields are 20-30 acres might not suit the same kit I use in hilly rural Devon where there are hedges every 100yds.
    I have a Redfield Raider 550 handheld and also one of the Chinese weapon mounted night vision rangefinders both of which work flawlessly.
    It would be for work ,I'm in pest control no jobs ever the same to be honest . I'd like something that could be used in most places.?
    Bsa R10 se

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by daystatedan View Post
    It would be for work ,I'm in pest control no jobs ever the same to be honest . I'd like something that could be used in most places.?
    In that case you need one with IR and a range further than the maximum range you shoot at! Otherwise you will never be able to use it at night and if you shoot longer distances than the range of the range finder it is going to be "as much use as the tits on a boar" to quote High Plains Drifter. This may alter the specification of the range finder you are looking for!

Quote Originally Posted by Lavant_Lad View Post
    Another vote for the Nikon Acculon, its very quick and has a bright picture, works well in dense woodland. Excellent kit.
    It looks a good bit of kit . Is the angle / beeline feature on the hawke any use ?
    Bsa R10 se