Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RAW HM1000 views

Question RAW HM1000 views

Could I ask any RAW HM1000 owners/users for thier views and opinions on this gun.

Thanks.
    Regards, Kevin -

Cornwall Airgunners Club.

My shooting buddy had one in .20 simply the best air rifle iv ever used pure class still kicking myself i didnt buy it
    There is a fantastic factory video on youtube

I've got a RAW tm1000, I'd rate it excellent, and a couple of decent hft shooters who've had a go, agree.
    It's accurate , and I've put some of my best hft scores in with it in the last 2 years.
    If you know how many guns you’ve got, you haven’t got enough.
    YCHJCYA2PDTHFH Club Member

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    They are generally well thought of, but do try one out, I was surprised at the fit difference between the TM and HM, the HM is too small for me.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

I got a HM1000 in .20 thumbhole last weekend - pretty much in love with it! Its basically what a Rapid Mk3 may have ended up being.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/t1rlqxugsf..._2810.jpg?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ppan09j7yk..._2811.jpg?dl=0

Was running a tad hot with JSB exacts so had to turn it down a bit - easily done as no AT fitted. That did ruin the performance of the lighter HN FTT pellets I was hoping to use but its still bang on with the JSBs - sub 5p 5 shot groups in wind while out shooting today at 30yds.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/esyt32jxrr...%2008.jpg?dl=0

A 10 shot string over the chrono using unweighed pellets gave an extreme spread of 12fps with the shot to shot deviation of just 3. It actually better than my FTP900 over the chrono and every bit as accurate as the FTP900 but just not as dead to shoot.

Stock wise it would really benefit from an adjustable cheek IMO. I found getting consistent head position difficult at first but went out and bought a viper connect and that has solved that issue. This may not be a problem for you as we are all built different.

The moderator is the only real let down. It's not very quiet if honest althoughI have been told it can be improved - just not very easily. The carbon used for the mod and barrel wrap is not the best I have seen - the rowan CF shroud on my FTP900 is much much nicer.

It's a heavy gun and the stock is a big lump of wood but its well balanced and the weight is fine when on a sling.

All UK models are regulated as far as i know - mine is and i get around 140ish shots from the supplied bottle.

I have absolutely no regrets in buying it - yea it cost me £1350 but its well engineered and well built by hand. If you look at other guns in the same price bracket I think you'll find the HM1000 would take some beating - and no i am not just saying that as i have one because I have a one, its not my only gun.

It will take Theoben bottles and mags as well.

have got 4....... and looking for a 5th and 6th I look at it as the rapid mk3 that martin wasn't allowed to build as none of the other directors wanted to invest in it.......

have a look over on the R7OC website there are a few threads in there and I did a strip down and tune on one of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    have got 4....... and looking for a 5th and 6th I look at it as the rapid mk3 that martin wasn't allowed to build as none of the other directors wanted to invest in it.......

have a look over on the R7OC website there are a few threads in there and I did a strip down and tune on one of mine.
    Guy - have you got a thread on the Rapid forum on why you did to strip and tune? I'd be interested in having a go on mine to squeeze a bit more consistency / performance out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    My shooting buddy had one in .20 simply the best air rifle iv ever used pure class still kicking myself i didnt buy it
    There is a fantastic factory video on youtube
    Wish I'd kept it every acccute .
    Just a tad heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by cumbrianbob View Post
    Wish I'd kept it every acccute .
    Just a tad heavy.
    carbon fibre bottle would sort that and we do spend most our shoots 100 yards apart dressed like bushes laying down !!so weights not an issue most the time
    Bob was it that rifle you shot fluffy with ?

Quote Originally Posted by Petay View Post
    Guy - have you got a thread on the Rapid forum on why you did to strip and tune? I'd be interested in having a go on mine to squeeze a bit more consistency / performance out of it.
    I stripped and modded it as a project fitted it with a 180cc tube swapped the valve for a bucketboy one and other stuff, it also sits in a impact T500 stock (the only decent thing to have come out of impact!!)

here is a link to it:
    http://rapid7ownersclub.com/viewtopi...it=raw#p342187

getting 102 shots with a 4fps variation in .177

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    carbon fibre bottle would sort that and we do spend most our shoots 100 yards apart dressed like bushes laying down !!so weights not an issue most the time
    Bob was it that rifle you shot fluffy with ?
    It was mate .
    Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Petay View Post
    I got a HM1000 in .20 thumbhole last weekend - pretty much in love with it! Its basically what a Rapid Mk3 may have ended up being.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/t1rlqxugsf..._2810.jpg?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ppan09j7yk..._2811.jpg?dl=0

Was running a tad hot with JSB exacts so had to turn it down a bit - easily done as no AT fitted. That did ruin the performance of the lighter HN FTT pellets I was hoping to use but its still bang on with the JSBs - sub 5p 5 shot groups in wind while out shooting today at 30yds.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/esyt32jxrr...%2008.jpg?dl=0

A 10 shot string over the chrono using unweighed pellets gave an extreme spread of 12fps with the shot to shot deviation of just 3. It actually better than my FTP900 over the chrono and every bit as accurate as the FTP900 but just not as dead to shoot.

Stock wise it would really benefit from an adjustable cheek IMO. I found getting consistent head position difficult at first but went out and bought a viper connect and that has solved that issue. This may not be a problem for you as we are all built different.

The moderator is the only real let down. It's not very quiet if honest althoughI have been told it can be improved - just not very easily. The carbon used for the mod and barrel wrap is not the best I have seen - the rowan CF shroud on my FTP900 is much much nicer.

It's a heavy gun and the stock is a big lump of wood but its well balanced and the weight is fine when on a sling.

All UK models are regulated as far as i know - mine is and i get around 140ish shots from the supplied bottle.

I have absolutely no regrets in buying it - yea it cost me £1350 but its well engineered and well built by hand. If you look at other guns in the same price bracket I think you'll find the HM1000 would take some beating - and no i am not just saying that as i have one because I have a one, its not my only gun.

It will take Theoben bottles and mags as well.
    the FPS variation is very good, the shot count seems low though? would have expected nearly double that at 12ftlb.

Quote Originally Posted by cumbrianbob View Post
    It was mate .
    Sorry.
    Fluffy ? Sorry i got to know more, interesting thread by the way.
    1 Rapid+sentinal n/v, 1 HW100+ Mamba lite

Many thanks for the information, looking good.
    Regards, Kevin -

Cornwall Airgunners Club.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    the FPS variation is very good, the shot count seems low though? would have expected nearly double that at 12ftlb.
    That was when it was still running hot and to be fair I never actually shot it until it came off the reg - just me working it out from how many shots I got from 200 down to 150 and assumed the ref was set at 90bar.

I picked up a sleeve of the JSBs yesterday and am at Lee Valley today so will try running it off the ref and keeping count