Thread: Chrono-r2 ?

Chrono-r2 ?

Anyone got any experience with this range of chronographs? How is the reliability, accuracy and the user interface? We are looking to stock these in the future, but are still researching ATM.

George.
    J S Ramsbottom the UK's No.1 shooting and outdoor accessories retailer and sponsor of the AirgunBBS. Established for over 50 years.

Quote Originally Posted by J S Ramsbottom View Post
    Anyone got any experience with this range of chronographs? How is the reliability, accuracy and the user interface? We are looking to stock these in the future, but are still researching ATM.

George.
    Haven't tried the R2A, but have been using the R2 for a couple of seasons now, in all weather's and lights and it seems pretty reliable, even quite tough.

, same or different?

. . . Please INDICATE when overtaking cyclists !!

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamHenderson View Post
    Been using V2 at the club for a couple of years with no problems and the software is very good as well. We are looking at upgrading to the newer version as shown on the website.
    Regards, Kevin -

Cornwall Airgunners Club.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    Haven't tried the R2A, but have been using the R2 for a couple of seasons now, in all weather's and lights and it seems pretty reliable, even quite tough.
    Me too. Easy to use, reliable & works in most lighting conditions except with the sun directly behind. Stores results as well.

forguns.pl

is the manufactureres site, you can have it directly from poland.

the czech version is even better.
    https://www.air-chrony.com/en/

I have the R2A and can't fault it. It seems to be very well made and robust, although I've not had it long enough to properly test reliability but so far so good. It's also easy to use once you figure out the less than clear instructions! see : http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....066-R2A-chrono.
    As for accuracy, I also have a Combro Mk4 and they were within a few fps of each other when I tested them together.

R2a in controlled internal lighting its ok, soon as external lighting added it throws wobblers.
    Batterys Duracell last three weeks with around 3hrs total use so plan for it.

Outdoors anything can happen dependant upon light, too much light reads high as much as 30ft/sec, dull can read low around 50ft/sec and give impression rifle not consistent. Also need minimum 7" from muzzle to 1st sensor set on low sensitivity.
    These have the RS232 socket not USB, I have a right game getting it to work with pc's. Also continuous problems with rar in XP 32, ok in Win7 32 and 64

R3 much better but like all other led type not immune to lighting and pretty worthless used in uncontrolled environments.
    I wouldn't even trust my trusty CED M2 Infra Red outdoors.