Thread: Gamo Maxxim Elite

Gamo Maxxim Elite

The new magazine fed break barrel complete with mounts and 3x9x40 scope
    Has anyone tried it or seen it.
    http://www.pellpax.co.uk/airguns/air...shot-177/18701

BBF
    "The grass is always greener on the other side"

I have one.
    There is a thread lower down re Gamo Swarm which I guess is another name for it.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Read the review last night funnily enough in the March edition of Air Gunner.
    Wondered when someone would revisit the dormain of the "multi shot springer" !

Might make a useful barn gun ?
    “An airgun or two”………

Too noisy!
    With long barrel to bash rafters door frames etc.

I think the mag system deserves a better rifle but I'm still happy with my first ever Gamo.

I bought mine at the shooting show . Very pleased with it. Only had a chance to shoot it at 20 yds, but I am finding it very accurate. The loading system is faultless, and it is very lightweight. I can see this being very popular. As for noisy, not really. Easy cocking , no twang at all, but the combination of composites does sound a bit in the ear. Not really a problem though. Very good value.

What was the show price if you don't mind me asking.

BBF
    "The grass is always greener on the other side"

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    I bought mine at the shooting show . Very pleased with it. Only had a chance to shoot it at 20 yds, but I am finding it very accurate. The loading system is faultless, and it is very lightweight. I can see this being very popular. As for noisy, not really. Easy cocking , no twang at all, but the combination of composites does sound a bit in the ear. Not really a problem though. Very good value.
    Those synthetic stocks can often be improved by removing the buttplate and filling them with expanding foam - cuts down on the resonance without adding much weight.
    Good deals with these members

Edtwozeronine is offline I say dear boy, would you mind awfully doing as you're told?

Thumbs up

Last I heard talk of this sort of thing, it was the old BSA Goldstar of olde. It's always seemed a good idea to me, having a springer combined with a multi-shot.
    ***Proud Member of Castleton Air Rifle Club***

no twang at all
    Well that makes a change compared to some of german offerings!

Its no beauty queen but guns like that do catch my interest just because they are something different. My multi shot break barrel Gamo Shadowmatic is a cracking little gun, the grey synthetic stock and fibre optic sights were way ahead of its time, it shoots nice too even the trigger is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    Those synthetic stocks can often be improved by removing the buttplate and filling them with expanding foam - cuts down on the resonance without adding much weight.
    This is the UK version, nice beech stock , springer not gas ram. I haven't adjusted the trigger yet, but so far no problem, very clean break. It's the barrel shroud that could be improved, but for the cost of the gun overall, it does the job, and it doesn't detract from the guns performance.