Thread: Hello all from Norfolk.

Hello all from Norfolk.

Hello people. Thanks for letting me join the forum. I have been shooting air rifles for well over 30 years but have started to take a lot more interest in the last 2 or 3 by joining a club. I am not a hunter but I'm not anti hunter at all. I am restricted by health in the amount of walking I can do and believe shoot and retrieve is the ethical way to go. So I leave it to the fitter of you to do that while I shoot at paper and tin.
    Im also a bit of a collector of older air guns. My current collectable favourite is my Air Arms Shamal in .177.
    My go to rifle is a AA S510 Ltd edition in .177 which I have had tweaked by Ratworks.

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Welcome aboard Pete, there's lots of us with creaky old bones on here!

Nice rifles you have, I'm sure you'll enjoy the collectors section if you're into older airguns. The 510 is a cracking bit of kit too; what did Ratworks do to it, if you don't mind me asking?
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Hi Pete welcome to the BBs , sounds like the Collectors section will fit you fine
    all friendly on here and lots of info available, enjoy your stay.
    atb brian

Hi Pete, and a very warm welcome to this, the friendliest forum.

You'll love it.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Hi Pete...

Unframed Dave is online now World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Another member from Norfolk, well be taking the asylum over soon.

Welcome aboard.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Hi Peter
    Welcome to the BBS and it appears you are just down the road from me, which club are you a member of?
    Rikard

hi Pete - another relative newbie to the forum here....in Dereham

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteD View Post
    Hello people. Thanks for letting me join the forum. I have been shooting air rifles for well over 30 years but have started to take a lot more interest in the last 2 or 3 by joining a club. I am not a hunter but I'm not anti hunter at all. I am restricted by health in the amount of walking I can do and believe shoot and retrieve is the ethical way to go. So I leave it to the fitter of you to do that while I shoot at paper and tin.
    Im also a bit of a collector of older air guns. My current collectable favourite is my Air Arms Shamal in .177.
    My go to rifle is a AA S510 Ltd edition in .177 which I have had tweaked by Ratworks.
    Thing is Pete you do not have to walk to hunt. Especially in Norfolk. The distinct lack of vertical inclines means that given the fields round here, you stand up and something will see you from across a 10 acre field. So what you do is get into position before the little vermins appear and get ready for a nice wait. Make it comfy, get a good flask of something nice to drink, some food, something to read whilst you wait, perhaps some binoculars for avian observation, enjoy yourself in the fresh air but stay seated. You can leave the shot animals where they fall, will actually work in your favour most of the time. Then pick up when you are ready to go home!

Hi Pete

And a big welcome to AirgunBBS
    God created man and god created woman
    Sam colt made them equal

Welcome Pete, it's nice to see another local lad join.

Hi Pete, I've just joined the forum myself and was very pleased with the Warm welcome this seems like a very friendly place, I see you have an Air Arms PCP rifle really great rifles I have the S410 in .22

Joe

Hi Pete and welcome.
    Lloyd

Hi, and another local here, also into the 80s classics, my 2 current faves are a LH Air Arms SE90, and a LH Sirocco GP
    Thanks - Geoff.

Welcome.