Thread: Airmatch 600 pistol strip

Airmatch 600 pistol strip

Hi folks, any chance someone knows how these pistols strip down. I have looked on line but don't seem to be able to find any answers. My pistol seems to only dryfire. Not sure if it is a seal fault or a problem with the dryfire selector as this does seem loose. Any advice or a point in the right direction would be great. Thanks all.

A rare and lovely pistol that performs well. I have had two of these and the one I am left with is quite unusual with an extended cocking arm. I resealed one years ago and my memory is a bit dim on how I did it. Before going into that the first thing to check is the flip over select lever at the back. If there is any sideways movement it can cause the dry fire/ fire to malfunction. I had to put a tiny washer under the e clip to take out the sideways movement.
    To do a total strip I think I started by taking out the large screw at the top of the slide behind the front sight. The top then slides back and unhooks, and the barrel be removed. The large pin holding the cocking lever must be tapped out and the piston can be removed. One thing I remember is the back chamber is screwed on and is very fragile alloy casting which can crack and leak, so be careful with it.

Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 22-02-2017 at 10:04 PM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

IIRC There is a weird seal in these that is no longer available, and if it is toast, then the gun is basically toast, unless you are really good at making weird seals.

Thanks for all the info, I will try out the shim on the dry fire and if not it's a strip down. It was always low on power, I think it was about 2.8 FPS so I may just go for it and see what happens. It does look like there are small tool marks where the frame has been separated at sometime so hopefully it won't be too jammed together. Will keep posted on how it goes. Thanks again.

It's looking like I have to remove the back of the compression chamber. The piston will not go out to the front as this is squared and not cut out for access. So far I have the piston free and the trigger asembily removed, there is a big screw with a spring above this that looks to adjust the hammer but I guess the back block with the transfer port must be removable to access the piston. I'm not sure on this as I can't see how it is fixed and it doesn't look like it's ever been removed. Any ideas?

Looking good so far. The back compression chamber can be unscrewed after removing a metal slide that is over the hammer and transfer port. I now have access to the piston and should be able to fully service the pistol. I will take pictures of it going back together although this may take a bit of time as I have a few projects overlapping at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAZY View Post
    Looking good so far. The back compression chamber can be unscrewed after removing a metal slide that is over the hammer and transfer port. I now have access to the piston and should be able to fully service the pistol. I will take pictures of it going back together although this may take a bit of time as I have a few projects overlapping at the moment.
    When you are finished, it would be great if you could add a post to the classic strips thread, so others can find it easily.