Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HW95k.... Any improvement??

Angry HW95k.... Any improvement??

Hi guys,
    It's been a while since my last post and any help you can offer would be appreciated. I've read the many posts regarding the Hw95k's spring condition with the new purchases . Unfortunately they didn't make you want to rush out and buy one 😱. I did notice that the posts were mostly 3 to 4 years old, and was wondering whether Hw's new 95's showed any improvement?
    Many thanks for any comments.

Ivory
    AA s400f superlite .177 ~Nikko Sterling ir 6-24x56 ft
    Hw97k thumb hole tactical .177 ~Hawke 3-12x50 AO mil Dot ir
    Walther cp99 .177 ~ red dot.

I had one from new ,shot great . Most take them apart and polish internals but i had mine tuned by Dave Price (wonkey donkey) and what a gun it is now

Hw95k...improvement

Thanks villaman ,
    I never thought as a "blue nose" I'd be saying that😡... it's nice to hear that things might be looking up.. I do have a 97k but what a weight,so I was looking for a more manageable Hw and the 95 seems to fit the bill... I'll post a review when I've made the final decision..

Ivory

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    There was a phase where HC imported guns had badly cut down 77 springs in all guns rather than the right spring for the right gun. I think on the whole the problem is much better, but you will get a better rifle if it has a 95 spring in it.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

HW95k.... Any improvement??

Cheers tinbum,
    Only time will tell.. I will be ordering a new one, and hopefully not one that's been sitting in the stockroom for 2 or 3 years 😤 . You can understand shops pushing their older stock out first, but that's not what we're paying for. The serial number will give me the year of manufacture so all should be well ...🤞

Ivory

As Tinners says, although I haven't personally witnessed these crudely cut springs - maybe I've been lucky, as it's been a well-documented trait in the past.

However, if you were unlucky enough to get one with a badly fitting / finished spring, these rifles are easy to strip and work on. I know we shouldn't HAVE to do it, but in these days of mass-production and endeavouring to get a quality gun to market at a reasonable price, a little hand finishing and personal attention never goes amiss.

Great guns. Light, superb trigger and very accurate.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    As Tinners says, although I haven't personally witnessed these crudely cut springs - maybe I've been lucky, as it's been a well-documented trait in the past.
    Steve Pope has witnessed them Tone: http://www.air-rifle-tuning.com/v-ma...files/AS07.pdf

I wonder what cut-down springs they use in a 77/97...

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    I wonder what cut-down springs they use in a 77/97...

The Hw77/97 Export spring. The 16j springs rarely make the right power, so its badly cut export 77's for everyone!

Aha, cheers for that little linky, Phil.

I thought it was great, and very much a coup for this new magazine, at the time, to have Steve writing for them. Shame it didn't carry on.....

And OUCH!!! to that spring end piccy!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    The Hw77/97 Export spring. The 16j springs rarely make the right power, so its badly cut export 77's for everyone!
    That makes sense, in twisted kinda way... spring, twisted, get it?

I have also been thinking of selling up my 97kt stl for a 95k. I'm getting used to my 110 and finding the 97 a bit of a lump after getting used to the lighter gun.
    .22 HW 110 ST
    .22 HW97 KT Blackline STL
    Walther CP88 Competition Nickel

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball50 View Post
    I have also been thinking of selling up my 97kt stl for a 95k. I'm getting used to my 110 and finding the 97 a bit of a lump after getting used to the lighter gun.
    My 95 is my favourite springer, they are great rifles.

Hw95k...improvement

Thanks Tony,
    You're right about the tinkering and tweaking,I fitted a v-Mach into my97 a few years ago , similar problem as experienced by the 95's . God awful spring , looked like it had been cut by a chisel!! To compensate it was fitted with 3 washers which unfortunately pushed the power to over 13 ft lbs. This was a new gun delivered to my RGD. It should have been sent back to the dealers who sold it to me, but we like to fiddle .... a lesson learned though, despite the hassle if my next one has a problem it will be going back and I will suppress the tinkering urge. That is until its in need of tune ....😋

Ivory

From what I can make of it only the .22/95k's suffered the poorly finished springs which 'apparently' is due to the fact that they both use the same spring but the .22 requires the spring to be cut down to meet our sub 12fpe limit...

I may be well off target with this but that's what I'd heard, my .177/95k spring was perfect, a bit of spit 'n' polish and a 'Tbt kit' later and the rest was sorted...

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory View Post
    Thanks villaman ,
    I never thought as a "blue nose" I'd be saying that😡... it's nice to hear that things might be looking up.. I do have a 97k but what a weight,so I was looking for a more manageable Hw and the 95 seems to fit the bill... I'll post a review when I've made the final decision..

Ivory
    Only if i had known i replied to a blue nose , God please for give me lol