Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Posting an air rifle ? Help required

Posting an air rifle ? Help required

Hi

Just been told by parcel force, as i wanted to use there 48 hr service to send an Air rifle that i need to have a contract account to send one ?

Anyone come across this ?

Regards

I have been thining down my collection and have posted 4 rifles in the last 3 weeks
    No problems at all.
    Took to post office had to show my air gun licence told them what it was
    And off they went all delivered

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Grahamjohn View Post
    Hi

Just been told by parcel force, as i wanted to use there 48 hr service to send an Air rifle that i need to have a contract account to send one ?

Regards

Unfortunately the bar is a little low on the employee entrance exam and some less knowledgeable people slip through the net. Think of it as a training oppurtunity rather than uninformed staff and smile.

Anyone can post a non pressurised vessel air rifle via the 48 hour service, but like many (breakable and valuable) things it can only be insured for more than £100 if you have an account with them.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

rules here http://www.parcelforce.com/help-and-...d-restrictions

The below sets out the requirements that apply to Retail customers only. For full details of the requirements that apply to Account customers, please see our Account Prohibitions and Restrictions.

Arms and Ammunition - low powered air weapons Low-powered air weapons (air rifles, air guns and air pistols), together with lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles, can be sent but are subject to the following conditions:
    These items must be sent on an express48 service only
    These items must be sent via the Post Office only, and presented at the counter
    Enhanced compensation cover is not available

can be sent in the uk but not international

and the other rule
    Arms and Ammunition All firearms, other than low-powered air weapons sent within the UK (air rifles, air guns and air pistols), including imitations and antiques; paint-ball or toy guns; taser guns; components of firearms and all other items similar to, or resembling, the foregoing are prohibited. All ammunition other than lead pellets and other air gun and airsoft projectiles is also prohibited

Can't be sent at all
    Last edited by bighit; 23-02-2017 at 03:30 PM.

Hi

Regards

An air rifle can be sent 48hr service, but it must be sent via a post office counter. You cannot present it at a Parcelforce depot yourself.

PCP's are not supposed to be posted, but there are ways to do it without it being an issue....

Posting air rifles

Well i hate to challenge you all as i really want to post this rifle but read below re contract only......

Arms and ammunition
    Carriage of firearms
    A service for Section 1 and 2 firearms and low-powered airguns (as defined by the Firearms Act 1968, as amended),
    imitation firearms, de-activated guns, antique firearms and paintball guns is available to contract customers only , at the
    absolute discretion of Parcelforce Worldwide, and is subject to Parcelforce Worldwide providing prior written agreement in
    advance. Where Parcelforce Worldwide provide concurrence to sending firearms, it is subject to a number of conditions

And this is what they quoted, i hj
    ave to have a contract ??? Please advise

If it's a springer, yes you can post it PF48

Well i hate to challenge you all as i really want to post this rifle but read below re contract only......

Arms and ammunition
    Carriage of firearms
    A service for Section 1 and 2 firearms and low-powered airguns (as defined by the Firearms Act 1968, as amended),
    imitation firearms, de-activated guns, antique firearms and paintball guns is available to contract customers only , at the
    absolute discretion of Parcelforce Worldwide, and is subject to Parcelforce Worldwide providing prior written agreement in
    advance. Where Parcelforce Worldwide provide concurrence to sending firearms, it is subject to a number of conditions

And this is what they quoted, i hj
    ave to have a contract ??? Please advise

Now, play fair!! You didn't tell us it was Parcelforce Worldwide. I thought you were posting it within the Uk

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Now, play fair!! You didn't tell us it was Parcelforce Worldwide. I thought you were posting it within the Uk
    Ahh well you might be fxxxxd

Pf48

Posted a couple of rifles in the last few weeks to BBS members using PF48. Just take the stock of the rifle to make the package as small as possible. If the counter staff ask what's inside...sports equipment. Mach 1.5...Oh it was to the UK.
    Last edited by Mach 1.5; 23-02-2017 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Ahh well you might be fxxxxd
    Promises, promises!

No im not sending it world wide, its within the uk

If you do not declare its an Air rifle you risk losing for good, it if its x rayed plus insurance wont pay out

Its just what they pointed me towards ?!

Just phoned there help desk and appears to be ok now..... mixed messages or what. Off to the post office tomorrow !

I've sent a few.
    The terms on their website you need are the following:

Arms and Ammunition - low powered air weapons Low-powered air weapons (air rifles, air guns and air pistols), together with lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles, can be sent but are subject to the following conditions:

These items must be sent on an express48 service only
    These items must be sent via the Post Office only, and presented at the counter
    Enhanced compensation cover is not available

I usually open their terms and conditions on my phone before hand, just in case I need to show them its ok

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Posted a couple of rifles in the last few weeks to BBS members using PF48. Just take the stock of the rifle to make the package as small as possible. If the counter staff ask what's inside...sports equipment. Mach 1.5...Oh it was to the UK.
    Im told haha they will accept assembled so that should be ok !!