Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KalibrGun Cricket or fx wildcat cant decide

KalibrGun Cricket or fx wildcat cant decide

looking to buy a bullpup. cant decide which of these two to go for? shoot only targets ie ft and hft style what would people go for or recommend in 177 thanks in advance. neil

bullpups are not really target guns. but they are fun

i would get a cricket, if you have the funds a vulcan. thats an evolved cricket.

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Wildcat- no contest

The sidelever is very ergonomically placed, whereas the Cricket's is under your ear! Just so much nicer to use- that's why I bought one!
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Cricket.

It's tried, tested and solid. It won't let you down

All of the above.

used both cricket every time been issues with wildcats and had some feedback from 2 owners of wildcats being inaccurate

for build quality and accuracy, and easier cocking go for the Vulcan or cricket second best, or try an edgun matador, fx build quality does not come close!

One thing to remember with both FT and HFT, after you have shot a lane you must remove the magazine before moving to the next one, so that you are carrying an unloaded gun.

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    My wildcat is the most accurate rifle I have ever shot- never ceases to amaze me and other club members who have tried it. Either I'm lucky or FX have cured the earlier problems.
    It's also been 100% reliable (that's the kiss of death )
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    My wildcat is the most accurate rifle I have ever shot- never ceases to amaze me and other club members who have tried it. Either I'm lucky or FX have cured the earlier problems.
    It's also been 100% reliable (that's the kiss of death )
    hopefully not mate! got a good one, keep it.

Tbh neither no bullpup will fit your needs for hft or ft triggers arnt match triggers although very good for bullpups the scope is too high off the barrel also and you won't get the cheek weld required either then there's cant issues the list goes on if for fun target work a diffrent story but competitive hft ect find a traditional rifle that suits

thanks people. yes I realise it not a real option to go for a bullpup for hft but see it as a different option if when I fancy having a bit of fun and weathers a bit iffy to take out my ftp 900.

The Galahad is an ugly but very good pup..

cricket v wildcat

Both very good, mate has a cricket and says its very accurate its solidly built but quite a bit heavier than the wildcat. My wildcats are also the most accurate rifles I have shot at long range ie 60yds. (virtualy all PCP's are accurate at 30yds).

Too many other Bullpup rifles to choose from. I have a Gladius and mate has just bought a Kral. Accurate and less than half the price.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Bullpup

Quote Originally Posted by wazo View Post
    looking to buy a bullpup. cant decide which of these two to go for? shoot only targets ie ft and hft style what would people go for or recommend in 177 thanks in advance. neil
    Have you considered a semi bullpup like the Brocock Bantam? I looked at them at the show a few weeks ago and they really impressed me.
    Jez.