Thread: Personalised AA trigger guard...anyone know an engraver?

Personalised AA trigger guard...anyone know an engraver?

GinB used to do a brass engraved trigger guard. I quite fancy a subtle personalised 'decoration' for my Air Arms Prosport and TX200HC.
    Anyone Know a suitable engraver? Thought this could possibly be done by just simply sending off the part with a suitable photo reference?

The Prosport and TX200HC have an 'anodised' aluminium guard. I suppose the matt black could be a nice contrast to the shiny 'cut' when engraved - or should i consider Brass or 'natural' aluminum (as per Rowan)?

Thoughts please....
    [...and i'd quite like to see any pics you might have of similar engraving.....]

Quote Originally Posted by chieffool View Post
    GinB used to do a brass engraved trigger guard. I quite fancy a subtle personalised 'decoration' for my Air Arms Prosport and TX200HC.
    Anyone Know a suitable engraver? Thought this could possibly be done by just simply sending off the part with a suitable photo reference?

The Prosport and TX200HC have an 'anodised' aluminium guard. I suppose the matt black could be a nice contrast to the shiny 'cut' when engraved - or should i consider Brass or 'natural' aluminum (as per Rowan)?

Thoughts please....
    [...and i'd quite like to see any pics you might have of similar engraving.....]

Any local old school jewellers or trophy engravers should be able to sort it for you.

All the best Mick

Emphasis on old school.
    Not shoe repairers ,key cutters in the precinct.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Emphasis on old school...
    I tried the logical one near me, but both declined on the basis that they wouldn't do deep enough chafing, or know the type of scrollwork. I showed pics of the GinB version, but I think would prefer something a little more 'traditional shotgun' as an approach.

I have a phone number at home that I'll PM you later chief
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

For a brass trigger guard I used a company called 'Engraving Services' in Leigh-on-sea, Essex. They did an excellent job converting a Googled image into a file and their laser engraving machine did the rest. Very reasonable price too.

I think this is a link to the picture. https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=P2120361-1.JPG
    Keen but clueless..

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    I have a phone number at home that I'll PM you later chief
    Received. Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock1963 View Post
    For a brass trigger guard I used a company called 'Engraving Services' in Leigh-on-sea, Essex. They did an excellent job converting a Googled image into a file and their laser engraving machine did the rest. Very reasonable price too.

I think this is a link to the picture. https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=P2120361-1.JPG
    Linky no worky.
    Smile!...today is the day you worried about yesterday. :-)

Supanova II Weymouth....http://www.supanova-charters.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by weebster View Post
    Linky no worky.
    I just cannot figure out how to get pics up on here.
    Keen but clueless..

Keen but clueless..

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Quote Originally Posted by sherlock1963 View Post
    Yup
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member