Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man in Bristol that shot 2yr old Harry ......

Thumbs down Man in Bristol that shot 2yr old Harry ......

..... only got 2yrs ffs

The kids been left with brain damage yet they still don't use the full weight of the law.

All of the above.

Unbelievable...

Bet he gets out earlier as well. Should have got a hell of a lot longer than 2 years. You can get that sentence and longer if you hit someone.
    The early bird may catch the worm, but the second mouse always gets the cheese..

there you go. until the courts use the full sentences there will be no detterent.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    there you go. until the courts use the full sentences there will be no detterent.
    ^^^^^^^ this - I know this is straying off airgun topics but isn't this true of most judgements in this country, for all sorts of crimes?

You can't deter stupidity.

This wasn't the sort of case where a long sentence would deter someone else from "taking pot shots" at whatever they want, it was an unconscionably deliberate action that due to the abject stupidity of the gun owner in;
    1. - not carrying out a basic safety drill in making sure the gun was unloaded.
    and then
    2. - pointing & shooting a gun at a child.
    resulted in a ND causing serious injury to that child.

He could have been given life & it won't change the fact that there are really, really, stupid people in the world
    or that there is no requirement for a gun owner to be trained in basic firearms safety & to remember to use any training that they may have had.

I agree, way too short a sentence! I think he will also get remission although may be wrong as it's a short sentence anyway.
    If people feel strongly enough about the length of the sentences you can contact the Attorney General's office and ask for them to review the decision.
    Best wishes,Mark

secretagentmole Guest
    It is ridiculous! A man does 150mph on a motorcycle, injures nobody, posts a youtube video and gets 2 years.
    A baby suffers life changing injuries caused by numbnuts and his SMK and numbnuts only gets 2 years.
    There is no sense in trivialising the shooting by comparing it to a speeding like the judge has done.

This just go's to show how f--ked up the country is ---If it had been a accident caused by a genuine shooter that injured a child or adult they would get the book thrown at them if they had shot someone intentionally as that moron did they should get the book thrown at them--This is just going to be another bit of anti airgun for them to use against the genuine airgun owners of the country

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Sometimes I despise and despair for our 'Justice System' in equal measure.

I can fully understand why so many ordinary law abiding folk have lost faith in it and, as someone who works within it, the word 'frustrating' is a bloody understatement...
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

peterd8877 is offline Anschutz connoisseur and marksman
    " The law is an ass ", is the term that comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    You can't deter stupidity.

This wasn't the sort of case where a long sentence would deter someone else from "taking pot shots" at whatever they want, it was an unconscionably deliberate action that due to the abject stupidity of the gun owner in;
    1. - not carrying out a basic safety drill in making sure the gun was unloaded.
    and then
    2. - pointing & shooting a gun at a child.
    resulted in a ND causing serious injury to that child.

He could have been given life & it won't change the fact that there are really, really, stupid people in the world
    or that there is no requirement for a gun owner to be trained in basic firearms safety & to remember to use any training that they may have had.
    ok so why did the Scottish government license airguns as that is the thinking they use or is it used as a "tax"?

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    At least he didn't have a go at a member of parliament. He would have gotten 15 years for that.

ok so why did the Scottish government license airguns as that is the thinking they use or is it used as a "tax"?
    Did you read what I wrote ??

Licensing is a different matter to this particular prison sentence which is what the post I was replying to & my comment are about.

As it happens I can't see the point of licensing them when safety training is not a pre-requisite to obtaining a licence

Just read what I can only describe as a piss poor show from the courts, I find it disgraceful that only two years was handed out for this, I think that means only 12 months has to be served behind bars.

Seriously, we, as air gunners should petition a stronger sentence for this numpty, it may even show people we are normal and not members of the antichrist because we like to shoot.p, or it could just backfire and get us licenced !