Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Collectable Air Rifle

Collectors have a mystical relationship with their collections.

I'm well aware most folk I know consider my 'collection' to be a load of old tat. Same folk will never experience the sense of fulfillment I derive from being surrounded by my 'loved ones'. The ability to reach out and caress any one of a dozen lovelies is a privilege I'd not yield lightly. I've never aquired a gun with a view to selling it. Just don't think that sort of thinking really crosses the mind of a true collector. Looking back on life I think I aspired to become a 'true collector'. Realistically,I didn't make the grade -but it has been fun trying. Oh,and what's 'collectable'? anything that takes one's fancy,i think.

I think I would agree with Trev's relaxed view of what a collectable is - it's whatever somebody finds interesting enough to accumulate, even if others would consider it rubbish!

I know of collectors who are driven, serious, competitive, and not very complimentary about the airguns that excite less discerning collectors. I've discovered over the years that I'm not really like this, although I admire their tenacity and successes.

I have very occasionally bought an airgun without intending to hang on to it, mainly because I'm curious to see it 'in the flesh'. An example of this was an ERMA underlever-cocking rifle. I was impressed, but since it's not my cup of tea, I moved it on quickly.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Don't be disappointed, Pete - supply some pics and I'll be happy to post them.
    I can take some better pics of THESE if that's any good Danny

Think i'll have plenty of time on my hands!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    I have the gamo 10 shot break barrel. I enjoy shooting it now and again. That's enough for me.

For me anything weird or quirky does it.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    In had a Johnny 7 as a kid, I was the envy of all my mates but I think it went in the bin when it got broken, They sell for a ridiculous amount now!! (Very collectable apparently!)

I also saved up when I was 14 and bought an old Lambretta TV200 (It cost me £30), Pretty sure my dad scrapped it when I got wed at 19yo and left home My brother who paints bikes/scooters and anytrhing else that will take paint told me that even a scrapper would realise £5,000 these days!!

On a brighter not, I just bought another walnut HW35 Luxus stock- Like flippin' busses, You wait ages then two come along!!

Just have to hope the postie doesn't break it now

John
    It's the ones that went in the bin that have made the survivors worth the money. Otherwise we'd still be driving Model Ts and they'd be worth tuppence.

ATB, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by walnutfarmmick View Post
    It's the ones that went in the bin that have made the survivors worth the money. Otherwise we'd still be driving Model Ts and they'd be worth tuppence.

ATB, Mick
    Spot on there Mick

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    I can take some better pics of THESE if that's any good Danny

Think i'll have plenty of time on my hands!!

John
    That would be excellent, thanks John. Several of each, individually on a neutral background if possible.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    If in a few years the Gamo becomes a example of a daft idea that never caught on and they regularly broke in use AND you have a boxed minter, never been fired in your collection....Hell, it could worth a tenner more than you paid for it!
    Yes that's me daft ideas just love em
    What do you collect sir?
    Ex Royal Navy Retired have fun while it lasts."I Do"
    B.S.A.R Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I've been compiling a list for a couple of years now and it seems to be getting longer and longer.
    Well sir isn't it about time you shared your list on this forum I'm sure they may make a Sticky out of it to stop nuggets like me asking silly questions?
    No seriously if you want your list to remain a mystery then that's up to you sir
    From Toady
    PS Apologies I've just noticed your link to your list will read it with baited breath when I get back from my permission sir
    Last edited by Zero58; 27-02-2017 at 01:25 PM.
    Ex Royal Navy Retired have fun while it lasts."I Do"
    B.S.A.R Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero58 View Post
    Well sir isn't it about time you shared your list on this forum I'm sure they may make a Sticky out of it to stop nuggets like me asking silly questions?
    No seriously if you want your list to remain a mystery then that's up to you sir
    From Toady
    PS Apologies I've just noticed your link to your list will read it with baited breath when I get back from my permission sir

Oh dear

BSF Bavaria 54

hello has anyone got one they get rarer and rarer