Thread: Price guide please for a Hi Power .22

Price guide please for a Hi Power .22

Hi Chaps,

Could I ask what a Jackal Hi Power should realistically fetch nowadays? I am out of touch and Gunstar etc are not much help. The rifle is in average condition, if it seems worth it I will place her up for sale with a pic later. She fires though has not been used in over a year....

Thanks in advance

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Details man!...

Things like having its original open sights and optional dummy mag make a sizable difference to this model.
    Condition wise, your vague description doesn't fill me with confidence so really you'd be better off posting a link to some some pictures.
    I have seen quite a few very average ones at hopeful prices just lately... They seem to be like buses

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I got one recently in good (but not excellent) condition, for £150 posted, which I thought was very fair.
    As stated, the mag adds a good bit to the price. Missing sights will knock a bit off.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Your right about the details, sorry I rushed this earlier. There are no sights-this model came with a barrel weight. There is a dummy mag...I thought I had a pic on this computer I will post one later if it ever stops raining

I bought a fairly nice barrel weight model, dummy mag etc for £175 last year.
    Was running good power when I tested it too.
    Thanks - Geoff.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    is it the short barreled "combat" model ?

They are worth a bit more, esp if it has the mag...

Combat: http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps6d761c92.jpg

Also have a look here:
    http://www.jackals-lair.com/aa_models_16.html
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I have a few of these

Check the barrel hasn't been shortened - also that it is the correct barrel to that model, the air arms and Sussex armoury barrels are interchangeable but some are not compatible with each other.........correctly operating ratchet is important as well as ensuring the spring has not been replaced with an overpowered one which can damage the entire action. clean undamaged cocking slot is another small point that adds value.

Pictures are a must really but guide prices:

poor condition - under £100

really good condition - £200

really good with functioning autoloader - over £300
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

Thanks for that link Mr Gen....I do not think that I have ever seen the short barreled version! Also £300 for one with a working autoloader! Wow I wish I had chosen that back in the day. Alas mine seems to be a standard Hi Power with magazine and barrel weight. It has poured down here all day so no chance of a decent pic yet

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    Thanks for that link Mr Gen....I do not think that I have ever seen the short barreled version! Also £300 for one with a working autoloader! Wow I wish I had chosen that back in the day. Alas mine seems to be a standard Hi Power with magazine and barrel weight. It has poured down here all day so no chance of a decent pic yet
    Hi Karl

I've a short one that I bought off here in bits! Didn't come with a mainspring but did come with a Theoben gasram! (Had to use a sash clamp to get it together!! )

I paid the princely sum of £50 for the little one but various bits were missing (Trigger adjustor, spring etc)..

Also have an older Sussex Armouries one too (Swapped an electric motor for it!! )

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

JohnBaz....amazing to think that these things are still popular enough to fit a gas strut into one! I had my first Jackal at 13 and loved it because it looked like an SLR! Then joined up and got my own SLR!

It seems a shame to shove this thing into the attic....mother nature has conspired to rain the minute I have a free moment to take a pic, maybe she is telling me something?