Thread: smk springer

smk springer

Hi anybody know how to adjust the trigger on a smk 20m only just bought it and tried it Sunday very light trigger sometimes gun goes off when I take safety off forgot to say bought second hand any help please

Depends on age of your xs20. Older version had a good copy of the rekord trigger and adjusted the same. Newer version is the same trigger as a lot of other Chinese guns. What tends to happen is to rid it of creep people fit a longer adjustment screw which can make the sear barely engage. Start by backing this scew off (anti clockwise) to give sear more contact. This can be done with the gun in the stock, it's the only adjustment screw you will see.

smk

Cheers for your input my gun is the newer model looks like there is a small screw in the trigger will this be it or will I have to strip it down just need to pick any brains

Quote Originally Posted by steve65 View Post
    Cheers for your input my gun is the newer model looks like there is a small screw in the trigger will this be it or will I have to strip it down just need to pick any brains
    Yes that is the screw, probably part of the trigger Spring is in the way, but you can manage with a small screw driver. Back it out a lot and see if that helps. Let us know

you take the trigger guard off. one scew. it aint bggr all to do with trigger. then you find the adjument scew.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

smk

Will try at weekend will let you know how I get on