Thread: Hatsan 60s short stroke?😚

Hatsan 60s short stroke?😚

OK look away now if the though of the poor man's 80 upsets.
    Still waiting on my licence but it gives a little time for the mind to wander.
    A while back I bought a tb kit for a very cheap 60s I picked up. Long story short I ruined the guide by being a tad quick after my asbestos fingers judged the altered spring cool enough for it to be reasembled . Nick offered a replacement as he had done the same thing in the past and pitied my eagerness, I never chased it up and left it sitting in bits. Anyway. After my inital clean out, new piston seal etc as the original was pepperd with swarf, and a massive debur I still think it has potential due to its robustness and trigger. Not much but a little.
    Has anyone tried a short stroke cap on one of these? The piston is of a horrendous size/weight due to it being an fac chap admittedly. It's lock time was the worst I've ever felt.
    Turd polishing I know but hey. I'd be happy to spend a little more on something I bought for so little for the fun of it if a bit of derlin could be spun without goin to the trouble of milling a few grams from the piston? Better yet if there was a combo offer for both I'd listen

I shot one at the springer bash that had been short stroked by 14mm. If I remember, it had had the piston lightened and maybe the to reduced. It was a beauty to shoot. I think Nick G may have done it.