Thread: Diana 30... Value?

Diana 30... Value?

Just in casual conversation with an old mate I haven't seen for ten years, he believes he has an early (1930's) Diana.

" you know, the one that they used in Germany as a military trainer with the extra wood on it to make it look like their standard rifle. Has a big flat swivel flip-over thing on the back of the rifle as a safety..."

No pics(yet). Hasn't been used in years, was his dad's... Up in the attic so have to wait for him to rummage.

What is a likely price range from 'bag if bits' ranging to 'top end/good nick' ?

I paid £400 for a very clean working example a few years ago from a gun shop. It came with an original sling, which tend to fetch around the £100 mark on their own.

It would be interesting so see some pics.

John

I sold this one at Holts for about £450 IIRC a few years ago. So I ended up with £22.50...
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Hi Danny
    Please could you explain how you received such a loss, forgive my lack of knowledge
    ATB
    abewilson.
    ''The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens''
    Baha'u'llah 1817-1892.

Quote Originally Posted by abewilson View Post
    Hi Danny
    Please could you explain how you received such a loss, forgive my lack of knowledge :ATB
    Sorry Abe, I wasn't being serious - it was just a wry comment on the large slice Holts takes out of the winning bid. It probably left me with £330 or something after deductilons? I'm not sure exactly. Actually, that particular rifle sold for a pretty good price, so my final cut wasn't that bad...
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I'm waiting to hear back from my mate, but won't be until later in the week. Soon as I get any pics I'll post them up. Definitely worth while tracking down...