Thread: Hawke Airmax 30

Hawke Airmax 30

I am thinking of purchasing a Hawke Airmax 30 sf scope
    But was wondering if anyone has one fitted to a Air Arms 510 / ultimate sporter and if they managed to use medium 30mm mounts as I don't really want to go to high mounts if I can avoid it. I won't use the focus side wheel,just want to be able to get the mag in and out.
    Thanks .

I'm not sure how well an Airmax 30 will fit the 510 as never had the chance to own one. I have had one on a Daystate Wolverine where the mag fits in from the left. This was with medium mounts. The way I got around the side wheel getting in the way was to fit a Rowan lever instead of the wheel. This way you could possibly use lower mounts and still have an easier way of adjusting the Parallex while fitting the mag in from the left.

ATB

Ross
    The early bird may catch the worm, but the second mouse always gets the cheese..

It will also depend on your reach & where that puts the scope for the correct eye relief.

As I said on another thread, to get the correct head/eye alignment with the scope you NEED the mounts that you NEED,

what you WANT is not always the same thing or to be blunt, sod what it looks like it needs to work.