Thread: Jackal stocks?

Jackal stocks?

Anybody know for certain if the Jackal Parabellum and Hi-Power stocks are
    ABSOLUTELY identical or not,...apart from the additional top cover?
    Many thanks.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    The main body of the stocks are the same. It's the front bit that differs.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    The main body of the stocks are the same. It's the front bit that differs.
    Thanks,....

Sorry, but just so I am totally clear,...you mean ONLY the separate top cover/ barrel shroud is different?
    (Not the main stock fore-end).
    So I can put my Hi-Power action in a Parabellum stock without the shroud and it will look/ fit
    exactly as per my original Hi-Power stock?

Quote Originally Posted by skyblue465 View Post
    Thanks,....

Sorry, but just so I am totally clear,...you mean ONLY the separate top cover/ barrel shroud is different?
    (Not the main stock fore-end).
    So I can put my Hi-Power action in a Parabellum stock without the shroud and it will look/ fit
    exactly as per my original Hi-Power stock?
    I do not know for sure, but the main stock is a plastic moulding. I cannot imagine why Jackal/NSP/AA would have gone to the great expense of changing the mould.

to answer your question the standard jackal stock is different from the parabellum, as is the top cover. The jackal / hi power stock is shorter around the fore end area and so is the top cover. yes the action from any of the air arms/ sussex armoury models can be swapped and they will fit but to look correct to the way that they were produced the top cover needs to match the stock.

Quote Originally Posted by dougbunney View Post
    to answer your question the standard jackal stock is different from the parabellum, as is the top cover. The jackal / hi power stock is shorter around the fore end area and so is the top cover. yes the action from any of the air arms/ sussex armoury models can be swapped and they will fit but to look correct to the way that they were produced the top cover needs to match the stock.

Ahhh, I see..... Thanks Doug. I thought somehow that might be the case.

(P.S. Still looking for a Jackal dummy magazine if anyone can help?).

.......Just discovered this vid' on Youtube which shows the longer front part of the main stock quite clearly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=infDtSbQh2A

Funny tho',.... when you compare pic's of both rifles, the lines of the front end look the same and the difference appears to be part of the top cover,...(clearly not the case).
    S'pose at a push it might be possible to carefully cut down the "protrusion" at the front end to match the profile of a Hi-Power stock.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    .......Just discovered this vid' on Youtube which shows the longer front part of the main stock quite clearly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=infDtSbQh2A

Funny tho',.... when you compare pic's of both rifles, the lines of the front end look the same and the difference appears to be part of the top cover,...(clearly not the case).
    S'pose at a push it might be possible to carefully cut down the "protrusion" at the front end to match the profile of a Hi-Power stock.
    Look at the video at 1:32 and this photo http://s121.photobucket.com/user/sky...al009.jpg.html
    and the front parts of the main stock look the same to me.
    Both the early Parabellums and the early AR7s etc...where all made by Sussex Armoury before production passed to NJP so I'd be surprised if they changed the main stock mould too much when they could just make a new top cover.
    But I don't know for certain as I only have the one version and nothing to compare it to.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Look at the video at 1:32 and this photo http://s121.photobucket.com/user/sky...al009.jpg.html
    and the front parts of the main stock look the same to me.
    Both the early Parabellums and the early AR7s etc...where all made by Sussex Armoury before production passed to NJP so I'd be surprised if they changed the main stock mould too much when they could just make a new top cover.
    But I don't know for certain as I only have the one version and nothing to compare it to.

Hi harvey.

Yes, it was precisely these kinds of images that fooled me in the first place, the main stocks DO look similar on the outside, save the top/front cover, but if you look at the video when he removes the top cover, (4:51) there's a protrusion, (Barrel support for longer Parabellum barrel?) hidden underneath which is not on the Hi-Power.
    I even thought maybe they were ALL made like this regardless of the model and maybe the factory simply removed that part for the Hi-Power, but mine has a moulded seam at that point.
    So looks like definitely different moulds or a seperate insert during the moulding process which could be added/removed as required.

Interesting.

Paddy Egan of Airgun World fame (Pad E on the UBC) is a bit of a fan of these and might be able to add more, if he sees this thread.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Hi harvey.

Yes, it was precisely these kinds of images that fooled me in the first place, the main stocks DO look similar on the outside, save the top/front cover, but if you look at the video when he removes the top cover, (4:51) there's a protrusion, (Barrel support for longer Parabellum barrel?) hidden underneath which is not on the Hi-Power.
    I even thought maybe they were ALL made like this regardless of the model and maybe the factory simply removed that part for the Hi-Power, but mine has a moulded seam at that point.
    So looks like definitely different moulds or a seperate insert during the moulding process which could be added/removed as required.
    Yep, looks like you are right and you can see it even clearer in his other video of the Sussex Armoury history starting at about 4:30...