Thread: Reloading costs calculator

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Reloading costs calculator

Following on from the other thread, i thought i would post

Just getting back into reloading myself (and saddling myself with huge debts for the outlay (all my kit is in a storage container in the UK) )

This is a very handy app that will immediately calculate the cost per round and allow you to compare it to buying factory ammo.
    It also has reloading data too.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...stant&hl=en_GB

Its not that hard to work out, does it really justify an app
    Do nothing, achieve nothing

All I know, or care about, is that I can afford to reload and shoot, whereas if I didn't, I couldn't.

For me, that's it.

Next thing - if there isn't one already - is an APP that helps you to find an APP.

tac

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    What it wont tell you is the cost of gains in accuracy and reliability from a handload against factory, or factor in time.

I worked it out ages ago and even leaving these out of the equation it was a no brainer, particularly given how much 556 I was getting through.
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Quote Originally Posted by Parabuteo View Post
    What it wont tell you is the cost of gains in accuracy and reliability from a handload against factory, or factor in time.

I worked it out ages ago and even leaving these out of the equation it was a no brainer, particularly given how much 556 I was getting through.
    Try shooting .45-70 Govt the way we do most weeks at a bazillion £££ a hundred. I can cast my own bullets, load my own loads with 30gr of whatever for around £24/C.

tac

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    Try shooting .45-70 Govt the way we do most weeks at a bazillion £££ a hundred. I can cast my own bullets, load my own loads with 30gr of whatever for around £24/C.

tac
    Yea, it works out a bit more with 77gr SMKs Tac but its still a bloody sight cheaper overall, and gives match quality ammo for less than milsurp. Factor in that I have not paid for brass for a year or two and have a couple of thousand GGG 5.56 once fired cases to get through and its cheaper still. Like I say, in most cases its a no brainer.
    I'm a maggot in another life you know