Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 16 ftlbs out of the box......

Quote Originally Posted by BTDT View Post
    I did.

Surprising how many visiting owners of 'parfull' airguns were shocked when they tested at considerably under 12 ft. lb., including two that were held on FAC and doing 8 ft.lb. and 9 ft.lb.
    That does not surprise me at all,

I was gifted a Chrono in 82 as it didn't work, only to find when I dismantled it one of the battery wires had separated from the board, took 2 mins and a soldering iron, other than that I don't know of anyone other than gunsmiths who had them back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    I'm liking that Theoben Sirocco for £1000!

Thing is, he clearly does sell stuff, even at his prices and with his silly descriptions and poor spelling.
    No he doesn't,after awhile he will mark it as sold so it comes up on his selling page as a sale but wait around a couple of three weeks and the same gun reappears for sale. .... imo he's trying to make out that people are buying his guns at that price,trust me they ain't.
    Smile!...today is the day you worried about yesterday. :-)

Supanova II Weymouth....http://www.supanova-charters.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by BTDT View Post
    I did.

Surprising how many visiting owners of 'parfull' airguns were shocked when they tested at considerably under 12 ft. lb., including two that were held on FAC and doing 8 ft.lb. and 9 ft.lb.
    Oh to have seen the faces, must have looked like mine after wandering in to a gunsmith asking them if they could crono my new to me prised theoben evo.... After a few edgy questions from them about why I wanted to do so and warning me that if it was over they wouldn't give it back, the did it & it was shooting at 7ftlbs... I was rather disappointed to be honest!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

I'm liking that Theoben Sirocco for £1000!
    Because, you know, the base model Countryman with beech ("stained walnut") and open sights, is "very rare" and "special order". Must be some really special beech they used there.

"BEST OFFER GETS THIS CLASSIC BASICALLY ONE OFF I'VE PUT A FIGURE OF £1000 IN THE BUY ME NOW TO STOP SOMEONE JUST CLICKING AND PAYING..."

I thought that was the idea, on a good day.

"GETTING A LITTLE TIRED OF SEEING MY RIFLES BEING SOLD ON FOR DOUBLE."

Surely that's because he underprices them? Surely?
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by derekj View Post
    There must be a connection between childish piss poor spelling and spewing utter drivel about a rifles capability.
    Or an idiot who cannot tell the difference between Joules and Ft Lb!

Quote Originally Posted by kevmar View Post
    I read half of that and gave up reading the BS.
    If I remember correctly
    airguns in Germany are set at 9 ft pounds .
    Ever since the Baader-Meinhof Group kicked off.
    I'm sure someone will clear this up,but that's what I had in my little old brain any hoow.
    I think you will find the power limit in Germany is 6ft lbs for a rifle, you can have 12ft lbs but the rules are very strict a bit like having a FAC air rifle in the UK.
    .22 Venom Mach 1 (FAC) 6-25x56 Millett.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Thumbhole 6.5-20x40 Leupold EFR.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Sporter 4-12x40 Leupold.
    .177 Venom Vantage 4-16x50.
    .177 Venom Daystate 8-32x56 AGS.
    .22 Venom Datstate 4-16x56 AGS.
    .22 Webley Venom FX2000 6-18x40 Busnel Legend.
    .177 Titan MPT by Steve Pope 6-24x40 Tasco.
    .177 Pro-Sport 4-16x50.
    .22 Webley FX2000 3-9x33 Leupold EFR.
    .177 Logan Solo 4-16x50.
    .22 HW90 (spring powered) 4-16x50
    .22 Gamo Stutzen.
    .177 Walther lever action.

Quote Originally Posted by weebster View Post
    No he doesn't,after awhile he will mark it as sold so it comes up on his selling page as a sale but wait around a couple of three weeks and the same gun reappears for sale. .... imo he's trying to make out that people are buying his guns at that price,trust me they ain't.

Sneaky.

So, looks like his hobby is pretending to sell guns on the internet but not actually selling them?

Some people are weird.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Sneaky.

So, looks like his hobby is pretending to sell guns on the internet but not actually selling them?

Some people are weird.
    When was the last time we heard from the Grahams?
    Good deals with these members

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I have an export power Benjamin pumper. Claiming above 15ft/lb from the box I tested it and it produced an alarming 12.2ft/lb!!!

You will be glad to hear that I reigned that in before returning it to the uk.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I have an export power Benjamin pumper. Claiming above 15ft/lb from the box I tested it and it produced an alarming 12.2ft/lb!!!

You will be glad to hear that I reigned that in before returning it to the uk.
    Whaaaaaaw... Shoot through 4 transit vans with that???? must have been banned at some point!!?? Lol
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Sneaky.

Some people are weird.
    Just a sneaky way of adding to his 'sold' stats, under your name on free ads it states what live ads you have and how many succesful sale ads you have had.
    Quite often see his guns up as 'sold' only for them to reappear a few weeks later with maybe a tenner off the price. Mind you he does have a collection of 'rare' guns

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Artfull-Bodger View Post
    If you want to know how likely this story is to be true, consider this rather salient question-

How many people had chronographs in 1984?
    Everyone knows the standard test was straight through one of these at 100 yards with prommies

When not doing the standard accuracy test of lighting matches at 50 yards of course!

ATB, ED

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Everyone knows the standard test was straight through one of these at 100 yards with prommies

When not doing the standard accuracy test of lighting matches at 50 yards of course!

ATB, ED
    Lmao....On a different note I can remember when dustbins were all like that and the binmen had to carry them from your house to the back of the truck on the shoulder and heave the rubbish in....they've got it easy these days.

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by weebster View Post
    Lmao....On a different note I can remember when dustbins were all like that and the binmen had to carry them from your house to the back of the truck on the shoulder and heave the rubbish in....they've got it easy these days.
    Ours still is.....and they still do!

ATB, ED