Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Weihrauch air pistol - the HW44

Cheers, young sir; will look forward to it.

Not long to go now.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I like pistols that look like pistols, not like something from the prop cupboard on a sci-fi movies set. Not for me then.
    FAS 604, Remington 1911, Colt SAA, HW45, BSA Mercury, Winchester underlever (Walther), SMK QB78

Any news on a release to market date?

If its RRP is £450-500 where would it position itself? It's not a 10m match pistol and that would be a lot of cash for a tin shredder. If it's £550 with a shoulder stock, again it's a lot of cash for a sub-6ft/lb 20M ratter.

It looks great and I'm sure it will be accurate and consistent etc. but what is the reason for it being if it's going to cost a wedge? Pistol HFT is hardly booming (existing?) and you'd have to get a single shot that for it.

Is it just a nice-to-have?
    Last edited by Inspector 71; 05-03-2017 at 10:23 PM.

looking at it there might be a way to strip away the spacy styling of barrel casing and possibly machine the military style weaver rail to something with some semblance of traditional styling ......atleast for us stuffy 40s guys they didnt get on the sci fi/ military shooter train.

£440 on solware

£440 eek

If only Umarex could knock one out cheaper, like they have with the Gauntlet rifle (if it lives up to the hype)

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    I'll stick my neck out and say it looks quite cool....but for £440 I'm wondering if it would be any more fun than an Umarex 586
    This pistol does seem a bit like a solution looking for a problem: no good for 10m match, no good for IPAS, no good for HFT, no good for hunting...If it's just for plinking and knocking cans around then I feel like it might be at the wrong price point.
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by Mundo View Post
    £440 eek

If only Umarex could knock one out cheaper, like they have with the Gauntlet rifle (if it lives up to the hype)
    you make a good point reg Umarex.
    Surely they could build a an Olympus Jaegar or Ruger arrangement, where the barrel broke for single shot and direct barrel feed....i mean....just how many more autos do we need when all they do is reduce velocity with each shot due to CO2 chill and the indexing of the cast magazines doing nothing for accuracy.

Is it just me, or have we got absolutely nowhere with pistols in 30 years.....maybe even in reverse when thinking of the Walther offerings of the late fifties...FWB 65 etc of the 70s and the all steel Crosman 117 to 150 arrangements..
    Unless you are prepared to spend 1000s on a top end target PCP where the development seems to lie.

How very modern, looks like something from the walking dead series, and the grip looks like one of those anatomically correct marital aids if you catch my drift.

If its £440 you could almost get a HW45 for each hand like the ganstas have.

eyebull - deja vu of my post on page 1

If its RRP is £450-500 where would it position itself? It's not a 10m match pistol and that would be a lot of cash for a tin shredder. If it's £550 with a shoulder stock, again it's a lot of cash for a sub-6ft/lb 20M ratter.

It looks great and I'm sure it will be accurate and consistent etc. but what is the reason for it being if it's going to cost a wedge? Pistol HFT is hardly booming (existing?) and you'd have to get a single shot that for it.

hiiiiii

Any idea on price

It's not meant for us, it's meant for Americans, who will run it at 18ft/lbs and shoot woodchucks, gophers and possums (whatever any of those are) with it.

Bit pointless at sub-6 ft/lbs, IMHO.

No, never pointless - always be someone (e.g. myself) happy to splash the cash in a never ending pursuit of his perfect air gun.

M.
    Why be awkward, when with a little bit of effort you can be really impossible!

I wants one I does.
    S&W M&P 1522 - Anschutz 1416 - Anschutz 1761 - Beretta Silver Pidgeon III - FWB800 - FX DRS - HW110K - HW100 - Steyr Pro-X - Steyr LG1 - Walther LGM-2

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Don't get it-

I was shooting my SMK (awaits the sneers) PP700 pcp pistol this afternoon, and happily hitting tiny targets consistently in my garden range (22yd) with ease. Fantastic pistol, well made, but without the 'name'- as if that matters.

I have a customised 2240 that looks like something out of star wars- but it cost nothing like £440 and I built it myself. Much more satisfying!
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk