Thread: Remington 1911 RAC Unexpected Accuracy

Remington 1911 RAC Unexpected Accuracy

I bought this mainly as a replica and I didn't expect any kind of accuracy from it, but I've been pleasantly surprised.

OK, it's a blowback BB gun so it's never going to produce Olympic standard groupings but I can consistently hit tin cans at about 15m which, tbh, is pretty much all I expect from an air pistol.

OK, my S&W is clearly better on targets but for plinking there's nothing much in it.

These 1911 replicas are surprisingly good for the money!

Nice one mate, glad your happy with it, some of these bb 1911's and other pistols can give good accuracy, and can't beat them for realism thats for sure, for those people that think bb guns can't be accurate I think it's just wrong, I have a few bb guns airguns and airport guns that would compete again target pistols that's for sure..

Target pistols are great but lets be honest most are not realistic, I shoot a lot of RS guns including long barrel 1911 pistols etc, lol try getting bullet on bullet accuracy at 25 yards or even 20 ft, it's not going to happen in most cases, lol..

Can't beat a good blowback pistol in my eyes for a few reason.
    Happy shooting.
    ATB Marc.
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Ill second Marc's comments. I own three. TAN Witness and Swiss Arms versions. I do use them for "target" shooting into Plumbers mate putty at up to 6yds and challenge myself to stay in 1inch groups (or smaller on a good day). Some inner or outer barrels need some slop removing and others are fine out the box. Have a look at Marc's site for fixes & maintenance. I'm still running my T/W after 5yrs so they can last too. ATB. Pete.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

I have a RAC 1911 and it's great. "Precision" target pistol it isn't, nor is it meant to be. But for pure fun it's fine and it's plenty accurate enough for the UBC comps I do every month. If you haven't tried these have a go - Police Pistol and BUGoR are a mix of speed and accuracy and your 1911 is made for these. Above all, have fun.
    FAS 604, Remington 1911, Colt SAA, HW45, BSA Mercury, Winchester underlever (Walther), SMK QB78

As Marc says the full bore versions of these guns aren't target pistols either.

They are designed to put bullets into a chest sized target at 10-15 yards.

I've owned some of them in the past and in the hands of all but the top shooters they do not produce tight groups.

The CO2 blowbacks are probably just as accurate as the originals.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Certainly cheaper to run.