Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webley Service Air Rifle MKII FS

Webley Service Air Rifle MKII FS

(Collection in person only from Witney in West Oxfordshire)

Webley Mk2 Service for sale. .22 3rd pattern. Unmolested and matching numbers. £450

Hi all,

It's the last gun I have. Promised myself I'd keep it but the last time I shot it was down as Basingstoke with John and Josie, when I had my last house (which is over 11 years and two boys ago now John!). After spending the bulk of last year clearing my parents house, I have seen the sheer hell that is hanging onto things you enjoyed using once but have not used for years...

I'd sooner turn this into money and do something with the boys, I get the enjoyment, the gun gets enjoyed (it is a lovely thing after all).

This was THE gun I always chose to shoot and the first Service I owned, I have owned it over 20 years after buying from a gunsmith so it is new to your group and you have not seen it at fairs etc. If you want one, working, unrestored, all original with matching numbers, here is a rare chance to buy one.

.22 3rd pattern.

Gun Serial S 12198

Barrel Serial 12198

All over patina with traces of blue.

No cracks/repairs on stock or horn plate.

Peep all working.

Safety sear working.

Ready to shoot and enjoy.

Comes with gunslip and pellets.

£450

Pictures:

http://s352.photobucket.com/user/spr.../service%20mk2

As with all my previous sales I WILL NOT POST. It's pickup in person only weekdays from about 6pm or some weekend time might be available. Please don't offer or make a deal if you are unable to come and collect, it's not fair on anyone interested to bag it and then not grab it!

Cheers guys, this leaves me with a Diana Gat!

Paul

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi. If the contents of my p-m are acceptable, I will take this and collect this, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkycat View Post

(Collection in person only from Witney in West Oxfordshire)

Webley Mk2 Service for sale. .22 3rd pattern. Unmolested and matching numbers. £450

Hi all,

It's the last gun I have. Promised myself I'd keep it but the last time I shot it was down as Basingstoke with John and Josie, when I had my last house (which is over 11 years and two boys ago now John!). After spending the bulk of last year clearing my parents house, I have seen the sheer hell that is hanging onto things you enjoyed using once but have not used for years...

I'd sooner turn this into money and do something with the boys, I get the enjoyment, the gun gets enjoyed (it is a lovely thing after all).

This was THE gun I always chose to shoot and the first Service I owned, I have owned it over 20 years after buying from a gunsmith so it is new to your group and you have not seen it at fairs etc. If you want one, working, unrestored, all original with matching numbers, here is a rare chance to buy one.

.22 3rd pattern.

Gun Serial S 12198

Barrel Serial 12198

All over patina with traces of blue.

No cracks/repairs on stock or horn plate.

Peep all working.

Safety sear working.

Ready to shoot and enjoy.

Comes with gunslip and pellets.

£450

Pictures:

http://s352.photobucket.com/user/spr.../service%20mk2

As with all my previous sales I WILL NOT POST. It's pickup in person only weekdays from about 6pm or some weekend time might be available. Please don't offer or make a deal if you are unable to come and collect, it's not fair on anyone interested to bag it and then not grab it!

Cheers guys, this leaves me with a Diana Gat!

Paul

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Nice to see 2 Sound members dealing on one of my favourite rifles Good luck Gents and I am sure neither will disappoint the other....

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for the fast reply and offer. But to be fair to everyone, at this time I am looking for the asking price from someone only when they are ready to come and collect and pay. It's not sold until I get that.

That was a very enjoyable shoot, which I still recall fondly Paul, followed by a pint or two of Guinness IIRC. This is a good, well priced rifle.

Good luck with the sale.

John

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for the fast reply and offer. But to be fair to everyone, at this time I am looking for the asking price from someone only when they are ready to come and collect and pay. It's not sold until I get that.

No worries. Like I said, I could -- and would -- pay straight away, but due to distance and work, would need to leave it with you, fully paid for, until the end of the month (max) before I could collect.

The mooted slight reduction to the asking price was designed to help with my petrol for the 250 mile round trip, as you request f2f only. But as I say, no worries, I fully respect your stance, and I wish you every success with your sale (just let me know if you change your mind ).

Atb: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

When/if you can collect please feel free to come.

I guess distance is subjective mate, I drive from Oxfordshire to Berlin in one journey to watch a football game, yet my brother thinks driving to Oxford from Manchester is a long way...

It's a good gun and a rare gun, anyone buying will have to travel as they are unlikely to be able to buy 'that one down the road instead', anyone ready to jump in a car and come get it, gets to own it, how long the journey is and how much it costs them really is their choice and expense*. I recently drove a 240 mile round trip in a 110 landy for a pram chassis, cost more in fuel than what I was collecting, but I got to hear a few albums on full whack like I can't at home anymore.

*If they came from Berlin and wanted petrol discount then I'd have to give them the gun for free.

I guess distance is subjective mate, I drive from Oxfordshire to Berlin in one journey to watch a football game, yet my brother thinks driving to Oxford from Manchester is a long way ...

... I recently drove a 240 mile round trip in a 110 landy for a pram chassis, cost more in fuel than what I was collecting, but I got to hear a few albums on full whack like I can't at home anymore.
    Not so much the distance, as finding the time this side of April, but I do note your point about distance being subjective for some people?

I do do crazy miles at the drop of a hat, however, for only last September a group of mates and I learned on a Tuesday about a biker party just outside of Vienna the coming Saturday that we fancied going to, so with some frantic and frenetic arranging, nine of us set off on our Harleys early Friday morning via Dover Calais (the only last minute.com crossing we could get).

We arrived at the rally site on the outskirts of Vienna after an overnight roadside bum rest and beer stop, on the Saturday afternoon just as the festivities were getting going -- and we didn't need to listen to any albums as we travelled, as the roar of eight (one of us was two-up) stage one tuned 1,690cc V-Twin Harley-Davidson engines breathing via K&N filters and straight through pipes was all the music we needed ...

Atb, and as stated, do please let me know if you feel we can deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post

I do do crazy miles at the drop of a hat, however ...

... as stated, do please let me know if you feel we can deal.
    Hi. Just got back from a fruitful trip to Aldershot where I picked up a beautiful early 3rd series Webley Service Rifle with .22 barrel, in exceptional condition, which was within my 'collected' price range, so thanks for considering my proposal regarding the rifle as advertised above, but I am now most adequately sorted, so am withdrawing my interest. Good luck with your sale.

Many thanks: G.

Cheers Gareth,
    And well done finding one within your distance/budget! I had to search this forum a lot for Service sales prices/adverts as they come up so rarely.

So for anyone else, it's A WEBLEY SERVICE MKII AIR RIFLE FOR SALE! at £450 to anyone ready to come and collect.

Find another....

SOLD AT ASKING PRICE PENDING SATURDAY COLLECTION

Many thanks, sad sale, moving on, may it be enjoyed!

SOLD AT ASKING PRICE PENDING SATURDAY COLLECTION
    Excellent news. I don't feel so bad now for sticking to my guns (did you see what I did there ), and buying elsewhere at a price that offered the token concession for f2f collection I was after ... Everyone is a winner. Enjoy your retirement from the business end of air gun shooting/collecting/ownership, and remember, we are only a 'click' away should you ever wish to return to the fold.

You know,
    I'm two minutes away from open fields and the river. 30 years ago I'd have been down there with my air pistols/rifles, chucking a can in the water and shooting it until it sank, Me and my mates all had airguns and never did anyone any harm, we all had penknives in our pockets, we did not go round waving them about and stabbing each other. Back gardens used to echo with the sound of airguns and pellets hitting tin can or darts hitting wood. That's what airguns were all about.

Different world today.
    I'd love the idea of hanging onto it and walking down the river in a couple of years with the boys and plinking at stuff with an air rifle, but it's never going to happen, some dog walker would assume I'm nuts and there would be a police chopper within five minutes...

...might try it with the gat though.

Clarkycat; yes that brings back some memories of the good ol' days. In the late 50's and early 60's, we even took penknives to school in full knowledge of the teachers. Out of school we all had Bowie knives in a sheath strapped to our belts, sometimes we would even openly be carrying an axes for our jollies into the local woods to make spears, "Dutch" arrows, bows and arrows, spears with carvings in the bark. A little older we would be carrying our airguns to the local canal and river without any gun bag - didn't know what a gun bag was...... Never got stopped, or challenged by anyone and never knew of any injuries, or any item used in anger against the person - what went wrong?

All the best....

Clarkycat; yes that brings back some memories of the good ol' days. In the late 50's and early 60's, we even took penknives to school in full knowledge of the teachers. Out of school we all had Bowie knives in a sheath strapped to our belts, sometimes we would even openly be carrying axes for our jollies into the local woods to make spears, "Dutch" arrows, bows and arrows, spears with carvings in the bark. A little older we would be carrying our airguns to the local canal and river without any gun bag - didn't know what a gun bag was...... Never got stopped, or challenged by anyone and never knew of any injuries, or any item used in anger against the person - what went wrong?

All the best....
    Last edited by SRV1; 09-03-2017 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Spelling correction - not sure how two replies!! Sorry...