Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible venom arms hw77k.

Possible venom arms hw77k.

Picked up a hw77k .177 tonight with a thumbhole stock,the stock is very nice and not like todays cs700....could it be an earlier version?,it also has the slim steel barrel weight/under lever catch and looking at the chamber you can make out the shape of what I would say was once a venom arms sticker.
    The scope that came with it is the old gloss finish,it's a 2-7x32 a/o made in japan but the name on it is venom arms which is a bit of a bonus.
    Is there anyway of checking the serial number to see if it was ever in the hands of venom arms?...rifle was made in west germany.

I will take some pics when the weather improves.
    Smile!...today is the day you worried about yesterday. :-)

Supanova II Weymouth....http://www.supanova-charters.co.uk/

the serial number probably wont help but check the trigger unit, just in case there's something nicer than a record lurking in there....

the scope will be worth a bit - it would probably fetch upward of £200 on its own on fleabay, more if you are willing to post it abroad.

HTH
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

The rifle I picked up today is identical to the hw77 in the thread in the link below (2nd post in)...trigger seems to be a set back type,and although the 'ahem' person selling it said was doing over a thousand feet per second () it's actually doing 706, I only fired 3 shots over the chrono the 1st was 706.6 2nd 706.3 3rd 705.1

Apologies the link won't work because its on the other airgun forum, but what I have is possibly a mamba?

I will post some pics when I get the chance to take some....weather permitting.
    Last edited by weebster; 05-03-2017 at 01:03 AM.

Once you put some pics up myself and other venom owners will tell you what you have. The scope is worth a few quid on its own. A good find. Mach 1.5

Heres a few pics taken very quickly with the phone inbetween thundry showers aplenty

http://s1009.photobucket.com/user/we...haugg.jpg.html

Hi

That will definitely be a Venom HW77 Varminter rifle then and great find too, especially with the scope.

Mach 1.5 will be able to tell you all you want to know about these rifles as he has help me a lot recently as his Venom knowledge is second to none.

Kind Regards

David

Venom.

You have a 77 venom varminter there..That is not a CS stock but a venom one from around 1986/87 period. Lovely and a great period scope. That's the scope I have missing from my collection...you lucky person. Enjoy it. Mach 1.5

Venom

Oh just noticed you have a venom one piece mount also. These were done by sportsmatch for them but with rounded Allen key screw's rather than the normal ones sportsmatch used. Lovely. Mach 1.5

Definitely a venom varminter stock, venom scope and mount.

Little bit confused over the trigger blade, doesn't look elegant enough for venom work, theirs were always rather sleek, also trigger adjustment screw being gold makes me think that's a later unit.

Would like to see action stripped to see what stage that's at.

Matt

Venom

Yep Matt is spot on...Looks a later setback but should have a small Allen key crub screw for the adjustment rather than the HW one...who cares...still a lovely bit of kit.
    Mach 1.5

Scope mount screws

Those are called Button head instead of the more normal cap head

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    You have a 77 venom varminter there..That is not a CS stock but a venom one from around 1986/87 period. Lovely and a great period scope. That's the scope I have missing from my collection...you lucky person. Enjoy it. Mach 1.5
    Who made their stocks back then? I thought it was CS, but to Venom design and specs.

venom stoks

I took a venom 80 hunter up to Steve @ v match and soon as it slid out the bag he said with no hesitation his dad made the stock .so venom where making there own stock as well as farming some out.

Venom

CS did the basic inletting work for Venom then Ivan and Dave did all the reprofiling by hand. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Yep Matt is spot on...Looks a later setback but should have a small Allen key crub screw for the adjustment rather than the HW one...who cares...still a lovely bit of kit.
    Mach 1.5
    It is a lovely bit of kit but details matter, if trigger not original what else isn't?

I love venom kit but do think a lot of things are sold with the name venom without actually being close to original.

Just my thoughts.

Matt