Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crosman 2240

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by ETCHY View Post
    Superb info' thanks again for all this.

So, it's looking like i'll get a silencer when I get one. That's no biggie as it'll look cool Next questions (sorry) are which is the best one to get (I know gingernut has already suggested one) but are there any others? I don't want to use a scope or red dot I just want to use ordinary sights. Are there any silencers that can perhaps be used with the existing Crosman sights? Also do all the silencers screw on or do some just push on, is one type of fitting better?

Thanks again

Dave
    You will have to remove the current plastic foresight first - it's just a push fit so easy peasy to get off.
    If you get the Gmac silencer adaptor, they also sell a brass pin which you can screw into the adaptor which will act as a foresight. If shooting with open sights, avoid the short and stubby silencers, and go for a Weihrauch (or 'HW') silencer. Not only is it slim and very efficient, but if you ever sell the pistol on you can either keep the moddy for another airgun or move it on for not much less than what you bought it for.

Link for the adaptor and sight pin: http://www.gmaccustomparts.com/epage...ducts/001-0009

The moderator/silencer you will have to buy in person from a gunshop due to the VCR act. Any gunshop that sells airguns should have one for sale. Or wait for one to come up 2nd hand on here, as they do frequently.
    Good deals with these members

The Crosman barrels are smooth, not threaded, and have a short section machined flat for a matching moulder flat section inside the front sight block. Some muzzle devices such as air strippers, muzzle brakes, and silencers, are made specifically to slip over this model of barrel and secure with a set screw on that flat surface. Others will need an adapter which itself secures with a set screw and then provide threads onto which a muzzle device can be mounted. You'll need to decide which type you want then find something which suits your needs. Crosman's plastic front sight tops out at about 0.6" above the bore centre, so any device with an outside diameter of 1" or less should be just fine. Of course the front sight gets removed when mounting a silencer, so you'll want something to replace it. Either a post which mounts behind the silencer or a silencer with an integrated front sight post. So long as the top of such a front post is at about the same height as stock it'll be fine. A BB epoxied to the top of a tube would be about right. Or a set screw partially showing, threaded into the device, allowing small vertical adjustments of the front post.

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    You will have to remove the current plastic foresight first - it's just a push fit so easy peasy to get off.
    If you get the Gmac silencer adaptor, they also sell a brass pin which you can screw into the adaptor which will act as a foresight. If shooting with open sights, avoid the short and stubby silencers, and go for a Weihrauch (or 'HW') silencer. Not only is it slim and very efficient, but if you ever sell the pistol on you can either keep the moddy for another airgun or move it on for not much less than what you bought it for.

Link for the adaptor and sight pin: http://www.gmaccustomparts.com/epage...ducts/001-0009

The moderator/silencer you will have to buy in person from a gunshop due to the VCR act. Any gunshop that sells airguns should have one for sale. Or wait for one to come up 2nd hand on here, as they do frequently.
    I have one set up like this and it is so quiet it makes me giggle.

Thanks very much for all the info & tips gents, much appreciated

Dave