Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do I need a TX200?

Do I need a TX200?

I've already got a HW77K and I've just TbT'd it.

But a Mk2 TX200HC has appeared near me for a decent price and I've always fancied one.

Air rifles seem to be like buses, nothing you want at the right price for ages and then three turn up almost at once!

But if I do succumb, there's only really space for one underlever in the collection.

Perhaps I should avoid the dilemma and leave it for someone else?

Thoughts?

Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_Lavin View Post

But a Mk2 TX200HC has appeared near me for a decent price and I've always fancied one.

Air rifles seem to be like buses, nothing you want at the right price for ages and then three turn up almost at once!

But if I do succumb, there's only really space for one underlever in the collection.

Thoughts?

Rob.
    Perhaps you should just buy it run them both through there places at the Quigley bash and then decide which to keep? That way you know you have the right one
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Perhaps you should just buy it run them both through there places at the Quigley bash and then decide which to keep? That way you know you have the right one
    Rhys
    That's kind of what I was thinking, but I'm haemorrhaging cash into my airgun habit at the moment!

Frustratingly, I'd love to get up to the Bash, I've even got family in the area, but I always seem to be working when they're on.

Rob.

Yes you need the tx and then a Prosport in walnut to ensure all bases are covered.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I don't think you can love a HW77 and a TX200 at the same time.

You might get away with a HW77 and a ProSport or a HW95 and a TX200 but a HW77/97 and a TX are too much the same thing but different.

I prefer the 77 to the TX as it is a bit simpler and I prefer the balance, but on paper the TX is the superior tool. Easier to fettle, derlin bearings, superior stock and trigger blade. Get your 77 buttoned and ignore the AA siren.

That's kind of what I was thinking, but I'm haemorrhaging cash into my airgun habit at the moment!

Frustratingly, I'd love to get up to the Bash, I've even got family in the area, but I always seem to be working when they're on.

Rob.
    Well if your heamorrahging it into your sport right now maybe you can use that to motivate yourself into selling one of them?

I know what you mean though.... I've just bought a new to me setup which involves:
    1 BSA r10 mk2
    1 4ltr bottle & whip
    1 vortex Diamondback 3-9
    1 nitesite viper
    1 docter optic 6x42
    1 huggett belita

And for the other rifle as my current scope doesn't work so well with the nitesite nite.,

1 vortex viper 4-12x40

And:
    1 vortex Diamondback 8x32 bins

Which reaches a tit under £1800!!! S#*" that frightens me when I say that

I'm stopping now... And for a very long time!!! I'll not have the opportunity to do this again so I thought I'd just do it. I'll only have a 1in 1out policy with rifles from now on as you just don't need more than 2 pcp's and I'll be selling everything I haven't used after a year!! That's my rule.

Apart from my evo, that stays always as it's my first airgun
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

stagmanv835 is offline i tend to drink while on the bbs

Thoughts?

Rob.
    Simple

Yes
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Well if your heamorrahging it into your sport right now maybe you can use that to motivate yourself into selling one of them?
    Without a doubt, stuff is going to have to get sold. I've currently got an HW90k on the "chop" list but I just can't quite bring myself to do it yet. Only on the list because I don't use it.

It might even be one in and two out of I pick up the TX.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by p.j. View Post
    Yes you need the tx and then a Prosport in walnut to ensure all bases are covered.
    As above, buy British is what I say and forget what Alistair (Hsing-ee) says as he doesn't know a good thing when he has it and if that TonyL geeza comes on saying to buy every single HW ever produced, then just ignore him as he's a knob with no taste and a funny hairdo

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    No you don't need it. Send it my way.

Pete
    Pete

I had a similar dilemma, but mines a 97 and a after shooting a TX before I did the deal I realised id find it too fiddly compared to the 97 and would probably not use it much. Stick with the 77 only, unless the price is that good you can resell easy

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    As above, buy British is what I say and forget what Alistair (Hsing-ee) says as he doesn't know a good thing when he has it and if that TonyL geeza comes on saying to buy every single HW ever produced, then just ignore him as has a huge knob and a cool hairdo

Pete
    Her hee hee!

Cheers for the compliments, Pete.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

secretagentmole Guest
    Of course you need it, why are you even bothering to ask?

I had a Mk 1 TX200, was a brilliant gun and I do not usually like Air Arms guns!

All this chit chat is stirring my fancy for a blue laminate 97k again!!

could put my docter on top

The 77k and the TXhc are two completely different rifles therefore there's a space in your cabinet for both...