Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ugliest Weihrauch Ever?

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

The Ugliest Weihrauch Ever?

The new HW44 is HIDEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is going on in Germany? This is not right, not right at all.

http://www.weihrauch-sport.de/wp-con....-li-02-17.jpg

Makes a CP-1 look positively elegant.

The barrel shroud and at least the underslung Picatinny rail should be binned immediately. Even then it looks like a big slabby piece of 'combat fantasy' junk. I am sure it is a good functional pistol underneath, so its a shame.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 06-03-2017 at 12:55 AM.

Vile.

You would have thought that after the hw100 they would have learnt,

If i had never seen it with my own eyes...My eyes are burning from my scull...damn my eyes.....utterly vile and far too military

It handles well, the accuracy reports are impressive and it's well made.

It will sell extremely well over here, just as most of the other airguns some on here seem to find offensive. I spent quite a while on the Weihrauch stand at the weekend and I spoke to many people about the HW44, and not a single one of them said that gun was ugly - and most were connected to rival companies.

Personally, I don't find it ugly at all, and having operated and handled it, I think those who get to do the same will be impressed.
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    You would have thought that after the hw100 they would have learnt,
    You mean the HW100 that sells faster than they can make it?

I guess it's a matter of taste. I like it but I love my Gladius aswell.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Can't be that bad.
    Han Solo carried one of them about for years...

secretagentmole Guest

I know what happened!

They stole the Evanix design team...

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    Vile.
    Agreed, also Alistair's point of removing the shroud and under rail

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    It handles well, the accuracy reports are impressive and it's well made.

It will sell extremely well over here, just as most of the other airguns some on here seem to find offensive. I spent quite a while on the Weihrauch stand at the weekend and I spoke to many people about the HW44, and not a single one of them said that gun was ugly - and most were connected to rival companies.

Personally, I don't find it ugly at all, and having operated and handled it, I think those who get to do the same will be impressed.
    I guess at the end of the day it does come down to personal taste.. maybe us lot on here have all become very fussy traditionalists

I have to agree with the general consensus though., I don't like the look. To me I think all the black things that have come out of late can't help me wonder in fear what the general public think of airguns.. when I bought my huntsman I was considering a wildcat as I loved how it handled but I wasn't so keen on the black & I'm not sure the walnut was out then. Anyway I'm sure it works and handles fab it just looks way too menicing to me.
    Rhys
    Last edited by rhyslightnin; 06-03-2017 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Finish me flipping sentence!!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Black plastic and anodised aluminium so typical of the modern PCP and all at toy ftlbs in the UK,what's to like?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    They learnt this trick back in 1763 when they first released the HW35. Make it ugly! In fact, make it offensive to at least three senses and people will queue to buy it. And the really cunning bit is that these people will then defend said monstrosity til their dying breath claiming some sort of obscure elegance, function over form etc!

I want one, I bet the Picannini rail and front barrel hood perfectly balance against the cocking arm or somesuch.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    You mean the HW100 that sells faster than they can make it?
    This post is not about popularity but ugliness. The HW100 is, I.M.O. a superb rifle but its looks, in standard form, wouldn't attract Quasi Modo out of a burning shed. Take me for example. Im very popular but

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    This post is not about popularity but ugliness. The HW100 is, I.M.O. a superb rifle but its looks, in standard form, wouldn't attract Quasi Modo out of a burning shed. Take me for example. Im very popular but

ATB
    Ian
    The post to which I replied was about Weihrauch 'learning from the HW100', my blessed chum. Do pay attention ... between attending to your beauty regimen, of course.