Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quietest p c p

Quietest p c p

What opinions are there on the quietest pcp for back garden use ,I suppose the make of moderator must have a big part in it ,so what combo would you well informed folk suggest please,thanks for reading

Hw100.. or mine huntsman with huggett.
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

More air usually leads to more noise, so the least noise comes from those rifles using the least amount of air.

One of the most efficient that I know of and have personal experience of, is the Daystate Airwolf. The valving system and the way it operates mean the air consumption per shot is very frugal. The later Daystates may be even better; I don't have one to hand, sadly.

My current Airwolf is easily the quietest full power PCP in my collection.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Hw100.. or mine huntsman with huggett.
    Rhys
    To be fair.. itl be your backstop that will make the most difference.., most of the rifle are pretty damed quite to be honest. It's the pellet impact that is the noisey bit
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Any pcp can be reduced to an acceptable noise level,especially the lower powered ones.The problem is usually what the target is as that can create far more noise than the actual gun.

An electronic daystate, with a proper silencer on

Wife's BSA R10 with standard silencer is very quiet. Neighbours don't notice it

My daughters Goldstar se with a Weihrauch silencer is the quietest I've heard yet.
    The backstop at home is a box stuffed with old clothes, in side the shed. The loudest noise comes from her pellets going through the paper target.

All of the above.

.. .. and avoid Superdome pellets as they seem to scream through the air, down range.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ian321 View Post
    An electronic daystate, with a proper silencer on
    ^That^

A gnat farting made more noise than my Mk 3 .177 with a Hogan Decimeater on!
    A .22 would be even quieter!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    .. .. and avoid Superdome pellets as they seem to scream through the air, down range.
    I realised that recently. the worst being H&N Excite Hammers!

I have been looking into getting a Brocock Compatto or Brantam recently and you have 3 power settings. the lowest is about 5-6ftlb so probably a lot quieter and great if your only plinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Missed_dinner View Post
    I realised that recently. the worst being H&N Excite Hammers!

I have been looking into getting a Brocock Compatto or Brantam recently and you have 3 power settings. the lowest is about 5-6ftlb so probably a lot quieter and great if your only plinking.
    Was just going to suggest this save on air too...
    If you get a .177 with light pellets that will make it even quieter at backstop end

Atb Rhys

Pcp noise

Thank you to all who have replied to my question you've been very helpful .

Here is a mega hint

Its usally the pellet hitting the back stop that makes the noise

Fire at a target with a lump of lead sheeting on a 12 by 12 paving slab....No Noise At All.
    It's as if you have missed..the noise and even the pellets is absorbed into the sheet..there is no bounce back of the pellet as the pellets absorbs into the sheet

Only use real lead sheeting not the fake stuff that does not work and double sheet

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    The three quietest I've used are:

Daystate Mk3
    Air Arms S200
    HW100

All of them properly moderated but as others have said, I reckon the electronic Daystate rifles are probably quietest. The Mk3 was so quiet I thought there was something wrong with it at first; it was fine and running at 11.8fpe and to be honest the 30fpe FAC version I had was just as quiet too.
    Wyrd bið ful aræd