Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reloading .338

Request taken from Mr Guesty, will happily oblige, and anybody who wants a go (including Mr Armchair shooter).
    One is correct I don't have much time to go on the computer, I work away where personal comms devices are not looked upon lightly!
    Last edited by sniper3; 22-03-2017 at 07:38 PM. Reason: predictive wording!

hi i have data for the 338 as i also shoot it if you need anything let me no cheers

Hi, I'm going to try Some of that Reloader Swiss powder RS80, as I was told it has similar characteristics as Alliant powder. Vit powder has got a kick to it, as I noticed with my 45/70, I use Reloader 7 which is softer on the shoulder than the N150. So I put out feelers to see what other powders do other shooters use, and I would be grtetful for any input, that includes which type of dies one uses.

About the only comment I'd make on this is that .45/70 is a bit - well - different, and if you're thinking of using anything like Re7 in .338 Lapua Mag you probably oughta look at some other powder charge data...

But then, maybe I'm reading you wrong.
    ...history... is, indeed, little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind. (Edward Gibbon: Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire)

Hi MikB,

I am considering to use RS70 or RS80 (not RE7), something different!!!
    Last edited by sniper3; 18-04-2017 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Auto correct problems again.

Between 70 and 100gr of powder for .338 according to the Hornady 10th edition.